Help me stop running

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I know how you feel my friend. I'm in the same situation I'm always getting messed around on different route myself. I'm on 9 routes and they push me from pillar to post every week. I've learnt that not taking your breaks gets you nowhere and no thanks from management and if there's boxes left at the end of the day you just take them back to center. I was promised a route which I got after a meeting with HR, now they've decided to start the messing around process again. You can never win with UPS.

Are you in the union?

K

Kev123

I am in the union. We have no shop steward at our center. I go straight to HR if there's an issue.

K

Kev123

It's a joke. The route I'm suppose to be doing was from end of March, I've had 3 weeks on it since that date.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I am in the union. We have no shop steward at our center. I go straight to HR if there's an issue.
You might want to mention what country you work in. A lot of people on here don't realize there are many more countries than the USA.

Cheers!

wayfair

swollen member
So they let you bring work back to the center at the end of the day???

what time is "end of the day"?

routes are awarded to highest seniority driver who signed the bid list for it

BrownThunder

they make us deliver misroutes in our center. typically the misroute is one or two routes over unless the loader is on major drugs that morning.

yesterday i had 2, and someone dropped 4 off at the UPS store i service without telling the center (the center would have told me something).

Know what I did? Grabbed all if them and took my sweeeeeet ass time delivering them.

cha ching

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My loader has 3 cars----mine and 2 for a town 1 hour away from the center. He very rarely has any misloads but when he does they are generally for that town.

I am not asked to run those off.

dudebro

That's not how it works. We would tell it when we are on lunch. It's a good idea. Only the habitual lunch skippers should have a problem with it.
The way its described, the diad just shuts down at say, 2pm, like the belts in a large hub. if not, someone skipping lunch could just never put in a lunch. I think everyone should take their full lunch, just not be told when.