Help! Missing Package with Medication. Will give reward for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, PLEASE HELP! WILL REWARD $250 to anyone who can locate my lost box!

My husband and I recently moved from California to Texas. My husband and I both thought it best to overnight our sentimental and important goods instead of putting it on the moving trucks with other households' belongings which our things might get confused with. My husband has some medication currently on hand but put the remainder in a box with personal items. We wanted to make sure they made it to Texas before us so we would have the meds when we arrived. However this box got lost! I see in the tracking it made it to Dallas. I am assuming it is in the Overgoods department in Salt Lake City as I lost another package and it was found there.

Does any one have a number or a person in the Overgoods department in Salt Lake Overgoods I can directly speak with? I am getting nowhere with the 800 number. I believe the shipping label was ripped off in the travel to Texas but I have a DETAILED description of the outside of the box and the contents within. To begin with It is a medium-sized moving box that was about 35 lbs.

Another reason this box is so invaluable to us is I have items in the box my grandmother gave me who is now passed away. We were very close and these items are irreplaceable to me. My husband and I overnighted this box believing this to be the safest method for our goods. Please, any help is greatly appreciated and I WILL PAY $250 to anyone who can locate my box.

We cannot replace the personal items nor the meds which are immediately needed. Please help! I will greatly appreciate all help and time given!

The Shipping Label was ripped off most likely. This is what happened to our other box we shipped. But the tracking number is J2482216197. Thank you for help!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Please call your medical provider immediately and have them issue replacement meds for your husband. They can call a local pharmacy and get you his meds ASAP. For future reference do not ship irreplaceable items with UPS.

beentheredonethat

Unfortunately I don't see much hope. I see that you already started the steps for an investigation and a claim was issued on this pkg. The last place it physically was scanned was in SDF and they indicated they sent it to TX. However, from there it disappeared with no further physical scans. UPS prides itself on getting a pkg delivered on time to our customers and I for one am sorry on this loss. One thing I do whenever I ship is to put another address label on the inside of the package in case anything happens to the outside of the box. I have shipped a decent number of packages and have never had any issues.

Is there any corporate overgoods number you know of that I can call? I know our other missing package ended up in Salt Lake City at this overgoods department. I was thinking I might call and see if I can speak with someone there. I can in great detail describe contents within the box. They are highly identifiable.

By The Book

The Shipping Label was ripped off most likely. This is what happened to our other box we shipped. But the tracking number is J2482216197. Thank you for help!
I'm having a little trouble with the tracking number. Most ups tracking numbers/barcodes start with 1Z. We also have 6 digit or 10 digit account numbers. I'm in California and don't know if they are different in other locations.

beentheredonethat

Before items go to overgoods, they are first cataloged to indicate what they found and where. If for example there was a pill bottle and it had the name of the patient that should be listed (if so, they should try to find that person via google etc). Did UPS call you \ email you with the claims information? If so, you should be able to talk with someone at that point about doing searches for the contents via their computerized system. Also, where these "new" boxes you used. I find it hard to believe two seperate boxes could have their tops ripped off. Did you use packing tape?

laffter

I'm having a little trouble with the tracking number. Most ups tracking numbers/barcodes start with 1Z. We also have 6 digit or 10 digit account numbers. I'm in California and don't know if they are different in other locations.

4qSJ8i1.png

They were new boxes. Looked identical. They were from a moving store. Said "BOX CITY" in big bold print on two sides of box with a city skyline and about 10 Los Angeles suburbs listed below with numbers and addresses. This covered the entire side of two sides of the box. It was a larger box. 18X18X16 1/2 and weighed about 35 lbs.

I can call back and ask for them to search in their computerized system for detailed description of my items. I could never get anyone to take down a description of the box contents. They just wanted to put "personal items" as the description of the items in the box and I am told there is nothing further that can be done. But in the box is a large bright green coat and a light blue zip up jacket and some other very identifiable items which I would think would make it easier to locate. I even have the brands of many items in the box. My other box was found only based on a "green bag" which was inside the box.

I can give very detailed descriptions of most of the items from the multiple colors, the sizes and brands. My name may be written in sharpie in the light blue jacket in the box.

The top of the box was not ripped off but the shipping label was. I just assumed since both were lost and the recovered one was ripped off that the same maybe happened to the other box as well.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I can give very detailed descriptions of most of the items from the multiple colors, the sizes and brands. My name may be written in sharpie in the light blue jacket in the box.
You do realize that this is an internet forum for UPS employees...not a UPS company website. None of us on here is in a building looking for your lost package at the moment. You need to call the 800 number..and ask them for the number to the hub/building that your package was scanned into last.

Status
Not open for further replies.