Help! My package is in UPS limbo and no where else to turn.

majorMinor

Hello there! I've come here after trying all possible official methods of communications with the UPS. Hopefully the kind UPSers here can help guide me on what to do next.

I have a package with an 'Exception' msg stating: 'The package was missed at the UPS facility, UPS will deliver on the next business day.' However, this was 3 days ago with no more updates on the tracking website.

Here's what I've tried so far:
1. Called national customer number: The rep on the phone had nothing else to say but "We can't do anything about it until it gets updated again". I've no idea how that statement moves anything forward...
2. Visited my local UPS facility (Maspeth, NYC): Waiting on line for 2 hours only for the lady to tell me "She can't do anything about it" as she pointed to the moving conveyor belt.
3. Called the same facility: Was redirected twice to another extension number until the ringer just died.
4. Tried reaching out the the sender to place a claim for 'lost package'. He/she is unresponsive.

Is my package gone forever? Is there ANYTHING else I can do to try to find my package? Or should I wait and hope for the best and maybe it gets found and placed on a delivery truck?

I'm very lost as to what to do and am exhausted at this point. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated.
UPS.png

Future

Victory Ride
I would hope someone on this board from your area would chime in and go the extra mile and find your pkg. I would if i worked in your area!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Order item again. If original package shows up later refuse delivery of said parcel. If new package arrives after original parcel refuse delivery. Problem solved. Merry christmas

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Super Bowl is being held at MetLife Stadium (Meadowlands) in February and the NFL is banning tailgating. The Farmer's Almanac is predicting a blizzard for that weekend. Should be interesting.

majorMinor

Hey all, thanks for the support! The package was actually a Christmas gift I bought for my SO through eBay...it's kind of irreplaceable and I guess you can say one-of-a-kind, so buying another in place of this one is not possible.

Is there anything else I can do from my end to find the package?

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

worldwide

Hey all, thanks for the support! The package was actually a Christmas gift I bought for my SO through eBay...it's kind of irreplaceable and I guess you can say one-of-a-kind, so buying another in place of this one is not possible.

Is there anything else I can do from my end to find the package?

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

I recommend you relax and don't worry - you will get your package in time for Christmas.

pattuspl

I also had a problem with Maspeth facility I live in Ridgewood so you probobaly know where it is.

Got my next day air 4 days later.. that was on business address.

bluehdmc

Since you bought the item through ebay, you can put a claim in through paypal. It won't help get you the item, but you'll get your money back. At that point when you put the claim in the seller should give you some response, although I've had some that don't.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since you bought the item through ebay, you can put a claim in through paypal. It won't help get you the item, but you'll get your money back. At that point when you put the claim in the seller should give you some response, although I've had some that don't.

How is this fair to the seller, who held up their end of the bargain?

The OP should continue to be patient as his package will be delivered before the week is over.

pattuspl

As much as I disliked UPS because of the delays what bluehdmc is not cool if you do it.

Seller did ship the item and everything. Seller is not to blame but UPS now.

Remember that when you do dispute it freezes the money in this case it won't be because of seller but UPS.. just be patient i Guess.

bluehdmc

The OP said the seller was unresponsive. I suggested a claim because then hopefully the seller would respond.
I shipped something I sold on ebay once, tracking said it was left on the buyer's patio. Buyer said they never received it, I had to refund the buyer's money, including shipping, file a claim with UPS then get the selling funds back, I did not get the shipping charges back. So I had to eat that charge.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The OP said the seller was unresponsive. I suggested a claim because then hopefully the seller would respond.
I shipped something I sold on ebay once, tracking said it was left on the buyer's patio. Buyer said they never received it, I had to refund the buyer's money, including shipping, file a claim with UPS then get the selling funds back, I did not get the shipping charges back. So I had to eat that charge.

Did you leave negative feedback?

Marne Vet

eBay should've reimbursed you for the full amount of the auction, shipping included, if you shipped the item with a tracking number or signature request. This is a part of their buyer/seller protection, and I've had a few auctions reimbursed after buyers claimed they received broken items. Both the buyer, and myself were completely reimbursed through eBay's protection plan.

majorMinor

I'm not legally savvy but the sender did fulfill his/her end of the agreement by shipping the item after payment via PayPal. Although they dont' need to help with placing the tracer, it would be awfully gracious of them of they did.

In the end, I think I'll take the majority of the opinions here and just wait for the package to be somehow magically found and delivered before x'mas...hopefully

Crossing my fingers and hope it gets here!

Z

ZQXC

I'm not legally savvy but the sender did fulfill his/her end of the agreement by shipping the item after payment via PayPal. Although they dont' need to help with placing the tracer, it would be awfully gracious of them of they did.

In the end, I think I'll take the majority of the opinions here and just wait for the package to be somehow magically found and delivered before x'mas...hopefully

Crossing my fingers and hope it gets here!

Magic doesn't come into play here. Another scan must be made on the barcode before anyone can declare that your pkg. is at a certain point at a given time. The holiday volume has inadvertently caused your pkg. to become (temporarily sidelined). As long as the label doesn't become separated from the pkg., it will almost certainly rejoin the flow of packages moving through the the system toward their end destination at some point.

I would not try to say with any certainty when this will happen, as some have. I know that you have been inconvenienced and I do hope that your item arrives soon, in good condition.

Personal editorial: There's a lot more to this holiday than stuff. :wink2: