HELP OUR CENTER IS TOO SMALL

FEDUPZE

Or center has gotten so small that the most dangerous part of my day is leaving and then returning to the building. We barely have enough parking during the regular year. Not enough parking during peak. Unauthorized employees walking in front of the bays without reflective vests because there is a FUBAR of a traffic jam during pm check in. I'm afraid someone is going to get struck or killed in the yard because of all the yard control violations due to the yard being too small. Unfortunately through years of experience I know this company is only reactive and not pro active I'm afraid the only way this will get attention is if/when someone is struck. Is there anything I can due to push the company to be more pro active?

T

Turdferguson

Or center has gotten so small that the most dangerous part of my day is leaving and then returning to the building. We barely have enough parking during the regular year. Not enough parking during peak. Unauthorized employees walking in front of the bays without reflective vests because there is a FUBAR of a traffic jam during pm check in. I'm afraid someone is going to get struck or killed in the yard because of all the yard control violations due to the yard being too small. Unfortunately through years of experience I know this company is only reactive and not pro active I'm afraid the only way this will get attention is if/when someone is struck. Is there anything I can due to push the company to be more pro active?
Find out who your district compliance director is and tell them

FEDUPZE

They tell us nothing at this center. We are like North Korea of UPS. How do I go about finding this person in our district? Is there a Web site listing these people and their respective positions as well as their contact info?

rod

Retired 22 years
Some where up in the Ivory Tower there is a person with their feet up on the desk leaning back and saying "it sounds like that center is running just like we like them to--slim and trim". To answer your question---NO there's nothing you can do.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Some where up in the Ivory Tower there is a person with their feet up on the desk leaning back and saying "it sounds like that center is running just like we like them to--slim and trim". To answer your question---NO there's nothing you can do.

Well that about sums it up. Next thread

T

Turdferguson

They tell us nothing at this center. We are like North Korea of UPS. How do I go about finding this person in our district? Is there a Web site listing these people and their respective positions as well as their contact info?
Look around on UPSers .com at the company atlas your district which ever that may be will have who ever that person is listed with his phone number

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I park ten feet from the center door sometimes. You pretty much have to walk through the yard before and after work. No designated walkways painted on our gravel either.

Packmule

Attend a safety meeting and bring it up. If they don't fix the problem there, consider other ideas--but only if you feel things are THAT dangerous. Reporting this to OSHA could have it's repercussions.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Pretty much nothing you can do about it. They would rather spend millions on stuff that don't work like Orion and things of that nature instead of the infrastructure. They don't care bout us, just high paid slaves that's all lol. End of subject, like beating a dead horse.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Get with Integrity or Chicken Legs, they will get you some vests and have FEMA, OSHA, FBI, and anyone else with an acronym respond to your yard.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Is there a safety sup that you can talk to? In my building if you're caught without a vest in the yard you're going to get a good talking too. Unsafe for everybody involved.

jaker

trolling
You know what's sad is your hub is really not that much different then a lot of other hubs

So I can see your point and I can tell you the out come because ups is ups

They will put a new rule in the yard rules and it will be everyone that is inside ups lot will have to wear vest when not in a car

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Have you tried seeking help on an anonymous internet message board?

Sent using a Potato

Overpaid Union Thug

Sounds exactly like my tiny building. If you don't get to work at least 40 minutes early you will not have an actual parking space (between two painted lines on pavement)to park in and will have to find a space next to (or even between) trailers or in the dirt, grass, or half assed attempt of a gravel parking lot where its a free for all and occasionally someone is blocked in. And we are lucky to get temporary building expansions for peak. We have been told for years that we are NEVER getting a new building and there is little to no room for expansion even if they wanted to try it.