Help Please... Orion Tips, Tricks and Hacks...

JL 0513

We have a few smaller centers here in MT that dont have edd

The older guys might laugh but I couldn't imagine finishing a day without EDD. It's bad enough not having EDD with 15 air stops on Saturday.

So how does it work without EDD and having 150 stops? Sorry, I started after EDD.

By The Book

The older guys might laugh but I couldn't imagine finishing a day without EDD. It's bad enough not having EDD with 15 air stops on Saturday.

So how does it work without EDD and having 150 stops? Sorry, I started after EDD.
You do what you do on Saturday...without EDD......just many more times.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Try going out in a bricked-out P600 jammed full of 150 stops with no EDD, no Diad, no cell phone, no nothing except a clipboard with a pad of 50-line paper delivery records and a dog-eared map book. Those were the good old days.....

porkwagon

We looked at the packages. After bulk and air, line up 10-20 stops run them off by remembering what the next few were. Repeat all day until done.

JL 0513

Small rural centers do not have EDD because they do not want to hire another person to scan and label the packages. The center in Havre, MT does not have EDD.

Seems to me that adding even a few more workers to accomplish EDD would be covered by the much more efficient running of routes by drivers making $50+/hr in OT. Never mind the increased production on the preload side.

I guess it depends on just how small these centers are. 10 drivers or less?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Seems to me that adding even a few more workers to accomplish EDD would be covered by the much more efficient running of routes by drivers making $50+/hr in OT. Never mind the increased production on the preload side.

We were very productive, and much happier. It was easy, it was loaded by an alpha chart. We knew where the stuff was. Memories.

JL 0513

We were very productive, and much happier. It was easy, it was loaded by an alpha chart. We knew where the stuff was. Memories.

Without having done it that way I just can't picture it.

With centers without EDD, doesn't that mean you have to type out every address each day? Sorry, but without EDD, I never would have sought out this job. The tedious stuff would just wear on you.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

With centers without EDD, doesn't that mean you have to type out every address each day? Sorry, but without EDD, I never would have sought out this job. The tedious stuff would just wear on you.
Not at all. You would have been fine. EX: main street was always in section one. Residential off main was always in sec two, bulk stops were always in the same place. You get the drift. If You had a split, you were told by the loader. And told where it was.
Now if today, the board would go down, we are all screwed, because nothing is EVER in the same place.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

You would type enough of the address for the diad to display a list of choices. The single greatest feature of EDD for me, was knowing exactly how many pieces went with each stop.

Jackofalltrades

We have 40 drivers