help...regression in work

magic88

My husband started working for UPS Freight out of Kansas City eighteen months ago. He started out teaming and for a year everything went fine. Then he got bumped to solo after reassignments so now sometimes he works and sometimes he doesn't. He has to always be on call...no pay. Two dock workers went ahead of him. What is happening? Will it get better? Thanks.:anxious:

PAUPSER

yea this is a standard ups screwing! we have drivers, dockworkers, preload and unload people that have been on call for up to a few years! its a bunch of crap that you have to be on call and ready and available to work at any notice. when i was on call they use to call me 20mins before i had to be at work, tell your husband he needs to contact human resources and complain! i was on call for 4 months until i had enough and soon as i contacted human resources and i was suddenly off of on call status within a week.

magic88

Thanks...that's what happens here also...20 minutes before and you have to be there...only thing is we are in Kansas NO protection if we complained we would not ever be called. Thanks:dissapointed:

gregmilam

I Feel the Burn as Well

I am a city driver in Detroit, I have been starting at 2:00pm and getting out no later than 9:00pm. I am FULL-time, and I'm lucky to get 30 hours per week. I used to start at 10:00am and get 8-10-12 hours per day. I'm trying to get a road driver position because of the city cuts at my hub. Point is, Im the only one who works in my household, and we can't live on $400 net per week. What's the problem with these sons of bitches in management at UPGF?!

magic88

Road driver positions if you mean over the road are not that great either...that is where a lot of the cut backs are coming from...I know, I hear you but if you are like us you need the insurance that goes with the job. My husband made more money with a different trucking company but almost 1000 a month in health and dental so we never got ahead!!!!!!!!! And house payment is more than we make some months.:dissapointed:

magic88

The Kansas to California was how we started and gone 4-5 days BUT it ended to coming home everynight which isn't working out because he is constantly waiting for a call to go out but only going out 2-3 days a week...being gone isn't all that fun but it was a decent pay check...now it is barely enough to make bills if even that.