Help with apartments

upschuck

I find that interesting… cuz he tells me that I HAVE to deliver booze if they have one on file. Again, I tell him no way and he can do it. I usually follow directions, but I'm not going to jail for him. If I was a teenager and saw wine and booze on a doorstep, I would so take it!
You are doing right. I'm sure he wants you to put it in your board too. Never sign for a package, unless it is yours.

Marne Vet

gingercat, sounds like your driver is gonna end up getting fired if he's signing for Signature Only packages. All it takes is one complaint, or DFU, and that guy is done. I don't care how busy I am, whatever time of year it is, I'm never signing for a package that isn't mine. I get paid the same amount if it's on the package car tomorrow regardless. One more send again won't hurt, but losing this job will!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

gingercat, sounds like your driver is gonna end up getting fired if he's signing for Signature Only packages. All it takes is one complaint, or DFU, and that guy is done. I don't care how busy I am, whatever time of year it is, I'm never signing for a package that isn't mine. I get paid the same amount if it's on the package car tomorrow regardless. One more send again won't hurt, but losing this job will!

Can you imagine trying to explain a DFU or a customer concern for a missing booze package that you signed for? Or, worse yet, trying to explain to the parents of a teenager who saw the booze sitting there and decided to throw an impromptu party which resulted in their injury or even death? I will admit that I have signed for an left packages but I would never, ever do that for booze.

Marne Vet

Can you imagine trying to explain a DFU or a customer concern for a missing booze package that you signed for? Or, worse yet, trying to explain to the parents of a teenager who saw the booze sitting there and decided to throw an impromptu party which resulted in their injury or even death? I will admit that I have signed for an left packages but I would never, ever do that for booze.

I don't even want to imagine a nightmare scenario like that. I just won't sign for someone else's package, or leave a C.O.D. unless I have the check in hand. Some customers have had old timers that leave the COD's with them in the morning, then pickup the checks in the afternoon. Hell no, not happening when I'm working. All it takes is one shady customer to not give you a check, and then your ass is on the line. Have seen it happen, and no matter how many times a customer tries to tell me what "Old Schmecky their Regular Driver" used to do, I won't do something I'm not suppose to. Sign for liquor? That guy is gonna end up fired.

Marne Vet

We had a driver leave a few COD's in the morning only to come back in the afternoon to find that the company had permanently closed their doors.

Exactly! I know a guy that signed for a laptop, and then DR'd it under a fence. It rained, and the laptop was ruined. He was fired, got his job back, and had to pay for the laptop. I'm not paying for anything UPS related. Not home? See ya tomorrow roughly the same time (hopefully) with the next attempt.