Help with interpreting tracking info, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loopdaloop

Hi, I know this is not really a customer service forum, but I have found useful info from time to time here from members, so I hope someone can help me. If only to ease my mind, please can someone explain what Internal Activity means and why would the In Transit times keep getting updated without any noticeable progress being made? Please reference the most up-to-date info below. This one does not include the Internal Activity info for some reason. I went on Wednesday to my local UPS hub to pick up two other packages, and inquired about this one. I was told it was being held for pickup in Mesquite, which was not what I requested. I then called the UPS 1-800 number and was told, no it is not being held. It is on the trailer and will be delivered on Thursday to my UPS hub for pickup. I called this morning again, and I was told the package was at my hub waiting to be picked up today but they don't open until 11:00 am. So, around 9:30 I did a live chat and I was told the same thing. My package is ready. I then headed out and called the local hub at 11:00 and was told my package was NOT there, but was being held in Mesquite! I tried to explain that was not what I was told on the phone by UPS and the lady said sorry, but it's not here & looks like it's still in Mesquite. So, I called UPS 800 number again & the rep again told me the package was at my local hub in Bryan waiting for pickup but that I would need to go there once the opened today. I told her I just got off the phone with them and they say it is not there. She was adamant that it was & that I just needed to go pick it up. So frustrating! Now I noticed that the info says In Transit at two different times this afternoon, but I do not find this useful since it also said this on Wednesday and no progress whatsoever. Please can anyone provide any insight that may assure me that my package will be delivered? I contacted the shipper and he said he was told by UPS that the package was not in Bryan yet but would be delivered tomorrow, but I have no faith on that based on what I went through.

Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:35 PM IN TRANSIT
Thursday, February 5, 2015 2:10 PM IN TRANSIT
MESQUITE, TX, USA Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:46 AM
AS REQUESTED, THE UPS MY CHOICE DELIVERY CHANGE WAS COMPLETED. / UPGRADE
COMPLETED; AS REQUESTED, RECEIVER WILL PICKUP AT A UPS FACILITY WITHIN 5
BUSINESS DAYS AT THEIR CONVENIENCE

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:46 PM IN TRANSIT
Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:21 PM IN TRANSIT
Wednesday, February 4, 2015 3:19 AM IN TRANSIT

MESQUITE, TX, USA Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:51 AM ARRIVAL SCAN

Monday, February 2, 2015 11:52 AM
AT THE RECEIVER'S REQUEST, THE UPS MY CHOICE DELIVERY CHANGE OPTION WAS MODIFIED. / UPGRADE COMPLETED; AS REQUESTED, RECEIVER WILL PICKUP AT A UPS FACILITY WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS AT THEIR CONVENIENCE

SECAUCUS, NJ, USA Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:19 AM DEPARTURE SCAN

Friday, January 30, 2015 11:33 PM ARRIVAL SCAN
BOUND BROOK, NJ, USA Friday, January 30, 2015 10:35 PM DEPARTURE SCAN
Friday, January 30, 2015 7:57 PM ORIGIN SCAN
Friday, January 30, 2015 10:47 AM
A UPS MY CHOICE DELIVERY CHANGE WAS REQUESTED FOR THIS PACKAGE. / THE
PACKAGE UPGRADE HAS BEEN PROCESSED.

US Friday, January 30, 2015 9:56 AM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

upschuck

In a nutshell, the 800# knows nothing. When you call them ask for a control number. If it doesn't have one, it's not ready.

Found it.
article-0-077A2EAB000005DC-382_468x463.jpg

T

Turdferguson

Is it weed? That's usually what's in a package with that type of activity. Are you running" the pot" through the UPS system ?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We need our own thread lock button...mods can unlock em if they want to. @barnyard where the hell are you? You've let this thread go on for more than 10 posts, you're slipping!

loopdaloop

It is a computer and I didn't post the tracking number because didn't think it mattered. There's no additional info posted online about it and I just wanted to know if the activity listed should be a concern to me. All of the in transit updates but its still in mesquite. I guess I'm worried it's lost. I'll just have to wait and see at this point.

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Better idea, new posters get mod queued for 3 days. Any post like this would'nt have a chance.

T

Turdferguson

It is a computer and I didn't post the tracking number because didn't think it mattered. There's no additional info posted online about it and I just wanted to know if the activity listed should be a concern to me. All of the in transit updates but its still in mesquite. I guess I'm worried it's lost. I'll just have to wait and see at this point.
*sigh* If you are going to be reasonable and polite then that is no fun so I guess what you want is what are the right questions to ask when you contact UPS. Ask where and when the last physical scan on your package happened , not a logical or derived one. Also ask the 800# if the package has a control number on it if not then it would not make it up to customer counter.

T

Turdferguson

As an aside DO NOT post your tracking number in public there is a lot of info that can be obtained from that

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Hi, I know this is not really a customer service forum, but I have found useful info from time to time here from members, so I hope someone can help me. If only to ease my mind, please can someone explain what Internal Activity means and why would the In Transit times keep getting updated without any noticeable progress being made? Please reference the most up-to-date info below. This one does not include the Internal Activity info for some reason. I went on Wednesday to my local UPS hub to pick up two other packages, and inquired about this one. I was told it was being held for pickup in Mesquite, which was not what I requested. I then called the UPS 1-800 number and was told, no it is not being held. It is on the trailer and will be delivered on Thursday to my UPS hub for pickup. I called this morning again, and I was told the package was at my hub waiting to be picked up today but they don't open until 11:00 am. So, around 9:30 I did a live chat and I was told the same thing. My package is ready. I then headed out and called the local hub at 11:00 and was told my package was NOT there, but was being held in Mesquite! I tried to explain that was not what I was told on the phone by UPS and the lady said sorry, but it's not here & looks like it's still in Mesquite. So, I called UPS 800 number again & the rep again told me the package was at my local hub in Bryan waiting for pickup but that I would need to go there once the opened today. I told her I just got off the phone with them and they say it is not there. She was adamant that it was & that I just needed to go pick it up. So frustrating! Now I noticed that the info says In Transit at two different times this afternoon, but I do not find this useful since it also said this on Wednesday and no progress whatsoever. Please can anyone provide any insight that may assure me that my package will be delivered? I contacted the shipper and he said he was told by UPS that the package was not in Bryan yet but would be delivered tomorrow, but I have no faith on that based on what I went through.

Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:35 PM IN TRANSIT
Thursday, February 5, 2015 2:10 PM IN TRANSIT
MESQUITE, TX, USA Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:46 AM
AS REQUESTED, THE UPS MY CHOICE DELIVERY CHANGE WAS COMPLETED. / UPGRADE
COMPLETED; AS REQUESTED, RECEIVER WILL PICKUP AT A UPS FACILITY WITHIN 5
BUSINESS DAYS AT THEIR CONVENIENCE

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:46 PM IN TRANSIT
Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:21 PM IN TRANSIT
Wednesday, February 4, 2015 3:19 AM IN TRANSIT

MESQUITE, TX, USA Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:51 AM ARRIVAL SCAN

Monday, February 2, 2015 11:52 AM
AT THE RECEIVER'S REQUEST, THE UPS MY CHOICE DELIVERY CHANGE OPTION WAS MODIFIED. / UPGRADE COMPLETED; AS REQUESTED, RECEIVER WILL PICKUP AT A UPS FACILITY WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS AT THEIR CONVENIENCE

SECAUCUS, NJ, USA Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:19 AM DEPARTURE SCAN

Friday, January 30, 2015 11:33 PM ARRIVAL SCAN
BOUND BROOK, NJ, USA Friday, January 30, 2015 10:35 PM DEPARTURE SCAN
Friday, January 30, 2015 7:57 PM ORIGIN SCAN
Friday, January 30, 2015 10:47 AM
A UPS MY CHOICE DELIVERY CHANGE WAS REQUESTED FOR THIS PACKAGE. / THE
PACKAGE UPGRADE HAS BEEN PROCESSED.

US Friday, January 30, 2015 9:56 AM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

3ra5wu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.