Help with my ups package plz?

barnyard

KTM rider
Adding more to my above.....

Since ground has become more of a competitor, we only deliver out of 1 feeder trailer instead of 3. If we got back more of the ground that we lost, it is possible that 2 of those semi routes would go back in. Take that bulk off of package cars and add in another 5 or so stops.

Plus, having those trailer routes in would take some pressure off of package cars when unexpected bulk comes in. Currently, unexpected bulk might get split between 2 cars and the drivers told to meet at the delivery point. Back when we had 3 trailer routes, a unexpected bulk could be put in a trailer.

Currently, the 1 trailer that we have is loaded up so much that he can barely get off his deliveries, never mind trying to put an extra stop on. Frequently, a feeder driver is called in early to cover center pick ups that the feeder delivery guy cannot get because his delivery volume is too heavy.

Not having a trailer to put bulk into eliminates a really useful pressure valve.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't think it would add that much to a route. Most of our business stops are duplicates, so it would add more bulk to bulk stops. The thing that makes me say that is on my last route, the Fed Express guy covered the area that 3 and 1/2 routes from my center covers, plus 1/2 of 2 routes from another center. He totaled 60ish stops per day.

The ground guy covered the same area that 5 guys from my center cover. He would never say how many stops that he had, but again, lots of the same business stops.

Maybe add 5-10 stops per route, but more bulk.

I have never run into a home delivery guy, so I have no idea what that could add.

The area that I am currently covering, I run into the Express guy every now and then and never see the ground guy. I have no idea how big an area they are covering in the area that I am in now.
I run into both of my counterparts on occasion as well. Express covers the same 2 communities that I cover, the only difference is that she covers the whole of both towns and I cover half of 1 and the whole of the other. Ground is basically the same but he will cover a whole 3rd town as needed. They both get done long before I do so the only thing I see is it adding to the volume and not necessarily the stop count.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Thank you Scottyhawk

Our customers find this site.
Let's respect our customers.
They have no idea how exactly how our network works and how packages move.
They also don't know how much damage resulted from Sandy and the storm surge.
Please use a respectful tone and send our customers to UPS.com.

All packages are important.

However, right now, human life and the reduction of suffering is our first priority as a population and country.
The sheltering of the cold, the feeding of the hungry, the search and rescue of the stranded and the recovery of human remains.

Again, refrain from expressing your frustrations with the situation to our VALUED customer.
AJ

I provide a service to UPS customers for an hourly rate, which ceases when I leave the building.
This site is not endorsed, sponsored, or sanctioned by UPS.
It is an internet forum designed for UPS employees.
It has long been my practice to express my frustration with whom ever I take exception with here.
UPS customers will not get a free pass with me here on The Brown Cafe.
That being said, I believe this "customer" to be a troll who started 3 threads about not getting a package.
I not only don't care, I now hope the package is broken or damaged upon reciept, if there indeed was a package to begin with.