Help with part-time sup test

omegaman

Hi, i am taking the part-time sup test next week and i want to pass. i am in school and this is best for me.. I was wondering what kind of math is on the test so i can review, everyone i seem to ask doesnt know or remember. also i know they want consistancy but can i answer with "sometimes" or "not all the time" or slightly agree", or do they want a SOLID yes or no so i dont screw up. any help would be great

thanks!

L

Loufan

Sups are really not supposed to give out what's on the test. I asked my friend and she told me that it's just basic math. I would assume graphs and percentages. (just think of what kind of math you would use when being a sup) truck percentages and hourly flow stuff. I don't know and I'm not a sup but that's just what I would assume from watching my supervisor work for 3 years.

Nimnim

The Nim
Yeah, every time I've heard people discuss taking the test it was always said as "basic math" I'd assume addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and perhaps some simple algebra, like you have 2 hourlies unloading a feeder, they go this fast, how much faster will they get it done together as opposed to separately...

upandcomer

Hi, i am taking the part-time sup test next week and i want to pass. i am in school and this is best for me.. I was wondering what kind of math is on the test so i can review, everyone i seem to ask doesnt know or remember. also i know they want consistancy but can i answer with "sometimes" or "not all the time" or slightly agree", or do they want a SOLID yes or no so i dont screw up. any help would be great

thanks!

You sign a non-disclosure when you take the test. That's why nobody is giving you a straight answer. There are examples of questions on UPSers if you want to know what kind of questions are on the test.

omegaman

i appreciate the responses, the math doesn't seem bad. I worry about the wordy problems, lets say somone has 3 misloads, my response natually would be to have a reasonable conversation, if it exceeded that, then a didpline. and i guess they ask the same question differently and i have to use the answer i put for the previous problem, constistancy... am i right?

Big Babooba

Here's the math portion of the test. It consists of only one question:

The main conveyor belt in your unload can handle 10,000 parcels an hour. If you run it at 100% capacity for 30 minutes, 10% capacity for the next 10 minutes, 50% capacity for the next 15 minutes and 75% capacity for the last 5 minutes, how many floors does the tallest building in Toledo Ohio have?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Here's the math portion of the test. It consists of only one question:

The main conveyor belt in your unload can handle 10,000 parcels an hour. If you run it at 100% capacity for 30 minutes, 10% capacity for the next 10 minutes, 50% capacity for the next 15 minutes and 75% capacity for the last 5 minutes, how many floors does the tallest building in Toledo Ohio have?

Tuesday