Help with radio in truck

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Climbingtheladder, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Does any one know of a portable radio that is loud enough to hear in the truck without buying the over priced d-walts.... Something under 50?
  2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

They aren't overpriced. You're just cheap and don't want to pay for quality.
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. Exactly
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. TheDick

TheDick Member

I have a big one but this small version is interesting but you have to buy the litho ion batt.
    you can plug a MP3 player to it also.
  5. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Go to Amazon and search Sharkk boombox. Thing lasts all day, is wicked loud & bassy and you can connect your phone via Bluetooth or plug in an iPod or mp3 player. A bunch of us around here run them. 62.99
  6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

How is that Sharkk on the AM band?
  7. aiian

aiian Active Member

Doesn't look like it has am/fm capabilities.
  8. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

No AM/FM? Who designed this radio, the ORION team?
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. aiian

aiian Active Member

It's 2O14, with a few exceptions (talk) radio is dead.
  10. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

DeWalt or the Milwaukee are not overpriced. Sounds like you are a little frugal.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  11. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

If you want to hear the radio and have a good battery life, you're either going to have to find a good sale or just pony up the extra Jackson to get exactly what you want. Sharkk Boombox is a quality unit and if you're bluetooth streaming, just use your phone to stream the radio stations like the rest of us in the 21st century.
  12. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

You don't have to bring stature and race into this thread now.
  13. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I should clarify that it isn't a traditional radio. You have to hook it up to a phone or mp3 player. A lot of people stream local radio stations over an app called iheartradio, or internet radio via Pandora, shoutcast or Sirius.
  14. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I steam Sirius over my phone to the sharkk all day. I have a sharkk power bank that I charge my phone with once the phone gets around half.
  15. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

I have a Ridgid brand jobsite radio. Am/fm, mp3 input and ipod (4th generation and older) dock to charge the Ipod. And it has a remote. It's very sexy

Sent using BrownCafe App
  16. cooperjake

cooperjake Member

I just bought the ueboom Bluetooth speaker and use spotify on my phone...full volume is way too loud and incredibly clear
  17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The problem is when you shut the truck off the music is blaring.
  18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Too techie for me.
  19. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

If you have a radio with a remote, you can turn down or mute while you stop....and pump up the volume again as you start to move

Sent using BrownCafe App
  20. JBL Flip, rechargeable, small, loud and pretty tough. Bluetooth to phone and rock on.