Help with radio in truck

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Any radio in my cab would be stolen within an hour.
Doubtful. I run literally the highest risk route in the state (highest crime per capita--over 90% of the homicides in my city occur in my route area [had 2 homicides on route area in last 2 weeks, among many other violent crimes]) and I have mine bungied up on the ceiling cranking all day long. If you have it visible to people walking by it might be a different story, but people here know better than to go into the ups man's truck because they like us here. We bring them their stuff like Santa Claus. If someone was dumb enough to steal something out of my truck, their neighbors would be telling me about it 2 minutes later.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Bluetooth headphones, customers don't want to hear music blaring when you get to their place of delivery. Plus it can be kind of rude to be blaring music. Not all customers are as cool as you think they are. Plus their kinda coming down a lil bit on those drivers that carry them radios in the cab as stupposedly their an in cab distraction.

They can come down all they want, but the contract allows for them, as long as they do not block your view, and are securely mounted. Management can cry, but I want to jam out. Makes any day just a little bit easier

upsman68

Aren't Bluetooth headphones against the law in some states. I know drivers that use their iPhone headphones. Those are way more dangerous than an in- cab radio.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Aren't Bluetooth headphones against the law in some states. I know drivers that use their iPhone headphones. Those are way more dangerous than an in- cab radio.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Not really both could be distractions. Depends on how well you can multi task or how brain dead the driver is in paying extra attention to their surroundings. Lets be real not everybody can multi task as good as others. Some people can only do 1 thing at a time, some 2 at a time, some 3 4 or 5 things at a time. Some have mad driving skills and some not so lucky lol.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Not really both could be distractions. Depends on how well you can multi task or how brain dead the driver is in paying extra attention to their surroundings. Lets be real not everybody can multi task as good as others. Some people can only do 1 thing at a time, some 2 at a time, some 3 4 or 5 things at a time. Some have mad driving skills and some not so lucky lol.
I hear inde can do 4 at a time.

joesmith

so im interested in this Sharkk boombox how do you charge it up? do you take it home every night or use a powerbank to run it and just charge the powerbank at night?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Wow, now is the time to buy one too. They lowered the price to $59.00 and free shipping. I paid $62.99 + shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ES2BQ7M/

You bring it home at night and plug it in and let it charge overnight (usually after 2 hours its fully recharged). Mine lasts me all day long from 8:40 am until as late as I work on a single charge.

As for powerbanks, if you choose to use one, it would be to keep your phone or ipod charged if you choose to use that to feed music to the boombox.

I have a Sharkk powerbank. It can fully charge my phone twice. The Sharkk one on Amazon right now is better than mine in that it is a 5000 mAh so larger capacity than mine, but the model I have has 2 USB outputs.
I also found this power bank that looks like it kicks :censored2:. It has almost double the capacity and dual usb output, but I've never heard of the brand. It's almost double the price of the Sharkk though.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008TXFPS2

rod

Retired 22 years
A hundred years ago at a yard sale I paid 5 bucks for a medium size boom box that took 4 D-cell batteries. Four D-cells equal 6 volts so I had a radio/tv repair shop put some kind of gizmo in it that would allow it to run off of 12 volt UPS power. A secret power cord with alligator clamps on the ends that plugs into where the head phones would normally go and I had a radio I used for 20 plus years. I got caught with it hooked up a couple of times but as with everything else at UPS that soon blew over and I was back in action. I still have it and use it at campfires and such powered off my atv battery. It looks like it has been through hell (and it has) but it still works and sounds awesome.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
They can come down all they want, but the contract allows for them, as long as they do not block your view, and are securely mounted. Management can cry, but I want to jam out. Makes any day just a little bit easier
Sup rolled up on me Thursday to bring me a misload and I had my iPod & bluetooth speaker cranking. I was at the door making a delivery and could clearly hear the music from where I was. Not a thing was said to me about having music playing loudly.
If you perform your job as you should, most sups don't give a :censored2: about little stuff like having a radio playing.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I have a Sharkk powerbank. It can fully charge my phone twice. The Sharkk one on Amazon right now is better than mine in that it is a 5000 mAh so larger capacity than mine, but the model I have has 2 USB outputs.
I also found this power bank that looks like it kicks :censored2:. It has almost double the capacity and dual usb output, but I've never heard of the brand. It's almost double the price of the Sharkk though.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008TXFPS2
I bought this one. I charge it over the weekend, and it recharges my ipod, bluetooth speaker, and phone for the entire week. I no longer have to tap into the truck battery for power.

JackStraw

RCA Super Radio. Basic am/fm, takes 6d's that last about 6 weeks. In a diesel I had to have the volume at 7 to hear it. With a gasoline it's set at 5. Can hear when I'm at the door too. $49.99 Amazon. Rock and Roll Will Never die!

Rainman

Its all good.
Buy a jump start with power plug built in, get a power convertor, and an ordinary boom box. When the boom box dies or gets stolen, buy another cheap at a yard sale. Charge the jump start once every couple of weeks. Or you could always go spend a lot of money and go high tech.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.