Helper Pay Rates After Peak?

ULiRuiz526

Don't be a coward.
Doesn't matter if you're next on the list or #100.
If your local doesn't have an agreement, I will make the assertion that you are entitled to top scale full time driver pay.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Network with the other inside employees in the same boat.
It will only strenghten your position.

I like the way you think :childish:

ULiRuiz526

They could also make it impossible to make your 30 days driving period. So I would tread lightly. If your steward gives you something that backs you up than go ahead if not be careful.

I understand the first 30 days I will be they're dog but once day 31 comes around I'm gonna start taking my lunch again :happy-very:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They could also make it impossible to make your 30 days driving period. So I would tread lightly. If your steward gives you something that backs you up than go ahead if not be careful.

I understand the first 30 days I will be they're dog but once day 31 comes around I'm gonna start taking my lunch again :happy-very:

I'm afraid there is a little more to it than that. It is a long race to run, but if you think you have all the answers, then good luck!

When it's his turn, it will be his turn.
He'll either hack it or not.
Any grievance over helper pay will have no affect on this process.

ULiRuiz526

I'm afraid there is a little more to it than that. It is a long race to run, but if you think you have all the answers, then good luck!

Of course you have to be a great worker too but don't do things that sound too SUPish lol(just made that up). For example, a FT driver just recently got fired for running "they're" numbers. The SUP's didn't have a problem with him doing so, but once the division manager got involved they threw him under the bus and left him without a job after 25 years with the company. Think about it.

UPSGUY72

Of course you have to be a great worker too but don't do things that sound too SUPish lol(just made that up). For example, a FT driver just recently got fired for running "they're" numbers. The SUP's didn't have a problem with him doing so, but once the division manager got involved they threw him under the bus and left him without a job after 25 years with the company. Think about it.

I won't even responed to that but keep thinking like that and see how far you get.

UPSGUY72

I don't mean to be rude or anything but are you a "United Parcel Service Provider" or "Under paid Slave"? At the end of the day its all about service :wink2:

Well I'm not a runner and gunner and I could careless about the numbers most of the number management want you to meet are unrealistic. Once you become a driver you will realize it.

I was a under paid slave when I work the preload but not anymore.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Look, here's the deal in a nut shell.
All I want, all anybody should want, is every penny, privledge, and right we're entitled per the contract.
The mindset, that to stand up for these principles will only cause me hardship, is foreign to me.
Makes me shake my head.
In rhetrospect, it's a two way street.
If you make it a habit to "run with scissors", by all means stay in the shadows.
But if your legit, then stand up for yourself and your brothers.
There are plenty of good folks that did just this ahead of you, to get us were we are today.
In my opinion it's this fading mindset that we need to recapture as a union.

Braveheart

I've been looking through the contract book but can't find the article where it says the helper pay rate when its not peak. I have a feeling these SUP's are gonna get smart with me this upcoming week so I wanna be prepared for the beautiful grievance I'm gonna file :happy-very:

I'm in Miami, FL btw.

-Thank you, ULi.
They are not permitted to use helpers after Dec 31.

If they are then there are cover drivers and full timers losing work and overtime.

File File File

Look, here's the deal in a nut shell.
All I want, all anybody should want, is every penny, privledge, and right we're entitled per the contract.
The mindset, that to stand up for these principles will only cause me hardship, is foreign to me.
Makes me shake my head.
In rhetrospect, it's a two way street.
If you make it a habit to "run with scissors", by all means stay in the shadows.
But if your legit, then stand up for yourself and your brothers.
There are plenty of good folks that did just this ahead of you, to get us were we are today.
In my opinion it's this fading mindset that we need to recapture as a union.
I wish you were in my center we need guy like you.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
listen ,, say what you want but in my many many mnay yrs at ups ive seen were this anti management ups owes me something additude gets part timers....

Kae3106

It really varies depending on the district. Some continue to pay the starting peak helper rate, some pay the cover driver/TCD rate, some pay the FT driver rate, some can't use helpers out of season.
I'll ask the group that does that payroll on Monday for you since I'm not personally familiar with the Florida rules.