Helper sitting today

scisector9

So I had a helper today that was injured on the job last week with a different driver. Supposedly slipped and hurt shoulder is waiting to get MRI.

With said injury helped had a weight restriction of 20 lbs. I started the day with helper looking at weight listed on every package. This wasted far too much time and we all know shippers are always honest with listed weights. Long story short by the end of the time with helper ( allowed 3.99 but helper limited to 3) said helper was just scanning for me, opening doors, and getting signatures.

We all know if something were to happen to this helper again today this guy would be held responsible even though original injury was with another driver. Needless to say every lil step was observed by myself avoiding any liability if possible

We also had a sup following us for several hours doing observations and interviewing helper.

Can't wait to see my production numbers in the morning. I must have pissed someone off because I was also in one of our two cars without power steering with the 3 foot step.

Cheers

Sent using BrownCafe App

scisector9

Set up to fail no. But why even bother giving me anyone? To avoid legal action? Just seems silly. And why a guy like myself with under a year driving? PITA

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

Set up to fail no. But why even bother giving me anyone? To avoid legal action? Just seems silly. And why a guy like myself with under a year driving? PITA

Sent using BrownCafe App
Because you have less than a year driving. Just wanted to get him away from the building. Hoping to make his life miserable and he will forget about his "injury". Don't worry about your numbers.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
No doubt. Or if they wouldnt let me refuse I would work him for 20 min then say i'm all set for help and drop him off at his car/bicycle.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a substitute helper for two Mondays during Peak. She "couldn't" lift anything over 20lbs and was basically more of a hindrance than a help.

I agree with the two members who said they would have refused to use that helper.

Indecisi0n

No doubt. Or if they wouldnt let me refuse I would work him for 20 min then say i'm all set for help and drop him off at his car/bicycle.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

Drop him off in an office building with one stop for 3 hours. "I'll be right now".