Helper Woes

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Sooo...how long does it take to get a new helper?

Have you asked for a different helper? and how long did it take you to get one?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sooo...how long does it take to get a new helper?

Have you asked for a different helper? and how long did it take you to get one?

I have been very fortunate with helpers but the one time that I did ask for a new helper I had a new one the next day.

What is (are) your issue(s) with your helper?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I have been very fortunate with helpers but the one time that I did ask for a new helper I had a new one the next day.

What is (are) your issue(s) with your helper?
He gets moody when it rains, slow and lazy after lunch, he delivers to the wrong houses after I point him to the right ones, can't figure out the diad after a week...but mostly he's just way too slow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He gets moody when it rains, slow and lazy after lunch, he delivers to the wrong houses after I point him to the right ones, can't figure out the diad after a week...but mostly he's just way too slow.

Yup, time for a change-----call your helper coordinator before you come in Monday to set that up.

oldngray

nowhere special

It sounds to my like you have a typical helper.

barnyard

KTM rider
I had to ask for a new helper Friday. My guy got a FT job offer, he does not start for another week, but has a bunch of preemployment stuff to do and will be late a day and miss another. I am hoping to get a new one Monday.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
gets moody when it rains......lol. We ran our line for the sat sort today...i sorted on high volume and had one loader for 22 cars and three mall vans. I jumped down to load when i could...but the one loader is a 57 year old seasonal....he ran his ass off and did a hell of a job keeping the line clean. I was impressed....I've seen guys more than half his age that wouldn't or couldn't move that fast for 8 bucks an hour.

gregdutchmol

gets moody when it rains......lol. We ran our line for the sat sort today...i sorted on high volume and had one loader for 22 cars and three mall vans. I jumped down to load when i could...but the one loader is a 57 year old seasonal....he ran his ass off and did a hell of a job keeping the line clean. I was impressed....I've seen guys more than half his age that wouldn't or couldn't move that fast for 8 bucks an hour.

Put me in coach

FilingBluesFL

I had a real "Gem" yesterday.

Guy didn't even know where he lived. His daddy that dropped him off, HE didn't even know where they lived...

No seriously, this is true stuff. I WISH I could be making this up.

He got lost walking around the side of a house. The dudes working on a new house next door were laughing their asses off at him, and yelling crap at him.

I stopped right in front of the house, "OK, you just walk around the right side of the house there, and the side that's facing the water is where you will find the door that I've been leaving their stuff at. So you just go right there, and around that white fence, and you'll see a red door...

After telling him not to walk in to a patch of overgrowth in the opposite direction, he goes to the house, and literally got lost for 5 minutes, around a 500 square foot cottage... that's in the middle of an open lot... IN DAYLIGHT.

Not to mention the only helpers they've been finding me live 30+ minutes away from the route I'm doing...

gregdutchmol

Normally I would quote but his post was long and what I was asking wasn't relevant to what he said. BUT it was intended for the guy with FL in his name. I guess it was relevant...I wanted to know where the guy could possibly live to not know how to get back home.

FilingBluesFL

Normally I would quote but his post was long and what I was asking wasn't relevant to what he said. BUT it was intended for the guy with FL in his name. I guess it was relevant...I wanted to know where the guy could possibly live to not know how to get back home.

That's what I asked.... "How do you go anywhere and manage to get back home?"

"Oh well, uh, we use this here GPS thingy!"

"Oh yeah... that's great..."

gregdutchmol

I am from Florida. I lived in central area my whole life. Now I am in the north Georgia mountains and this is as remote as it could possibly get. While I am with my driver I am learning all of these roads just so I am learning SOMETHING and not just mindlessly riding in a truck. I am also getting a good idea of how these routes run and why my driver does the things he does.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
It is very easy to edit quotes. Just highlight and delete.
With these bigger avatars, I just realized your rubber duck has a ball gag in it's mouth and is wearing rubber (?). All this time I thought it was a motorcycle jacket. Ha
954401042bea124875a9c2edb049248f.jpg