Helpers 2017

StoptheAct1212

The procedure for hiring helpers goes like this.
Apply online.
Show up for orientation.
Your hired.
Ive seen it all throughout the years.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
First helper of the year yesterday and not only was he the slowest guy I ever had. I swear he was hitting on me !
It use to be college kids almost exclusively and now it seems to be the 55-70 crowd....had one old lady who one year wanted to wear a ugly Christmas sweater and Santa hat and yell merry Christmas and wave to people in the residential areas... Who am I to judge... She really thought she was Santa.. I said bring it and scream it to the masses old lady santa!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our HR lady dropped the mirror they use for testing for aliveness. Luckily, the shop had a extra truck mirror to save the day!

oldngray

nowhere special
It use to be college kids almost exclusively and now it seems to be the 55-70 crowd....had one old lady who one year wanted to wear a ugly Christmas sweater and Santa hat and yell merry Christmas and wave to people in the residential areas... Who am I to judge... She really thought she was Santa.. I said bring it and scream it to the masses old lady santa!!

She probably moved faster than some of the college kids.

WorknLateHuh

The way it usually works for me is i get 5 different helpers for the first 5 days of peak, all of them completely green and never have stepped foot in a PC.

So basically every day i might as well just assume i will be training a "never ever". A little consistancy would be terrific

Future

Victory Ride
They still give out those cheap 1/2 zip "jackets".... That get soaked in 5 minutes.... I've had multiple helpers over the years wear snow pants even though it's only taining and no snow anywhere...
It was warm as hell here yesterday(for my area) ....helper was damn hot in that thing.....had her take it off and just wear reflective vest ....till the sun went down ....became colder

Indecisi0n

Did she sing Chipmunk Christmas songs?

jaker

trolling
So ups doesn't give out uniforms for helpers anymore , I swear every year something big changes

I wonder what the reason was for the change