Helpful hints

moreluck

golden ticket member

Tick removal

Spring is here and the ticks will soon be showing their heads. Here is a good way to get them off you, your children, or your pets. Give it a try.

Please forward to anyone with children... Or hunters or dogs, or anyone who even steps outside in summer!!

A School Nurse has written the info below -- good enough to share -- And it really works!!

I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best way to remove a tick. This is great, because it works in those places where it's some times difficult to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark hair, etc.

Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20), the tick will come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away. This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me.

Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging in any way. I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice because she had one stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used this method and immediately called me back to say, "It worked!"

Please pass on. Everyone needs this helpful hint.

Insects breath through their skin. This acts to suffocate them.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I use this to remove ticks.

My Colt is prettier.................. 35240020.jpg
35240020.jpg

bigbrownhen

Well, we will have to try this trick. I haven't heard of this one, we always just pull them out and put neosporin on the bite. Your method would be better to prevent infection and irritation for sure.

I absoultely despise those little critters. Mosquitoes and chiggers too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
To Make Mock Buttermilk
  • If buttermilk is not available, place two Tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar in a two-cup measure. Add milk to make two cups. Stir and let stand 15 minutes before using.​

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Tick removal
Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20), the tick will come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away. This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me.

Insects breath through their skin. This acts to suffocate them.

I use Vaseline. Same concept I guess. Cover that bugger up and it backs out.

moreluck

golden ticket member
hint -

Smart splinter remover.....just pour a drop of Elmers Glue-all over the splinter, let dry, and peel the dried glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue.

moreluck

golden ticket member
HELPFUL HINT

Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs. It's a lot cheaper than shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth. It's also a great way to use up the conditioner you bought but didn't like when you tried it in your hair...

klein

Für Meno :)
Ladies, want nails like these ?

get a bowl of water,
pour little bits of all the different shades you want,
... it should float on the top,
swirl with a toothpick or something like it
when it looks like you want on top of the water,
dip your nails through the water...probably the best thing you've ever seen.

klein

Für Meno :)
And I use facebook to get my pics from. Anyways, that's where the fingernail style came from (fb)... try it meno :)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Try shaving in the shower. Clean your face with soap to get the oil off your skin then run hot water over it to soften the beard. Lather with soap and Shave by feel. This obliviates shaving cream and, once you get used to it, gives a better shave and saves time.