Hemorrhoids!!

tourists24

I was wondering how many drivers have problems with hemorrhoids? Has any of you tried to turn it in on workers comp?
I am so tired of bleeding everytime I have a bm! I know its work related, when I go on vacation they clear up.
Not sure about the comp thing...... surely someone on BC will get to the "bottom" of it

W

want to retire

I was wondering how many drivers have problems with hemorrhoids? Has any of you tried to turn it in on workers comp?
I am so tired of bleeding everytime I have a bm! I know its work related, when I go on vacation they clear up.

Dear friend, This is something you need to be sure about. I had the same symptons. My GP ordered a colonoscopy right away. Any bleeding is a no-no. Mine was indeed so (hemo) but colon cancer is a killer. Don't ASSume anything(sorry about that). My colonoscopy cost $0. Do it today.

Scuderia

To get rid of Hemorrhoids you have to change your lifestyle. Fiber and eating more whole grain foods helps with the straining, but also the sitting toilet isn't a "natural" way to go to the bathroom. We didn't evolve to sit on porcelain bowls to poop. In countries where people still squat to have a BM, hemorrhoids are much less of a problem. You can buy squatting adaptors for your toilet, or at the very least use a stool underneath your feet to bring your knees up to your chest. The reason for squatting is it relaxes the muscles that keep your poops in, and your gut just sort of goes by itself without having to strain.

Also, hydrate, not with just water, but you need to make sure you're getting electrolytes back into your body, especially if your sweating. Stay away from alcohol. Alcohol is a diuretic, which means it will take water out of your colon and make your poops hard.

klein

Für Meno :)
Dear friend, This is something you need to be sure about. I had the same symptons. My GP ordered a colonoscopy right away. Any bleeding is a no-no. Mine was indeed so (hemo) but colon cancer is a killer. Don't ASSume anything(sorry about that). My colonoscopy cost $0. Do it today.

Yup, just had a gastro & colonoscopy last week.
Don't really know what the worst part of it is - it's all bad !
Starving for 36 hrs, the last 12 of those you're not even allowed to drink water. Or was it the diahrea pills and fuild you need to consume, just so you can pee out of your butt, and if you think you can sit on your sofa after a bathroom visit, think again ! - Because the sitting alone will trigger another toilette visit ! It's almost best to stay in the bathroom. LOL

Maybe the coolest part was actually waking up 10 minutes prior to the end of the colonscopy.
I got to look at the 46" plasma HD screen and got to see the inside of myself personally. But it wasn't very comfortable, since I could feel the pain and also the sniping they did (sliced off some polyps) which I also witnessed on the "big screen".

On Thursday, it's CT scan time. A lot easier (just no food or drink 4 hrs prior) !

Btw: Once diagnosed with Hemmeroids, you'll have them forever - they will never completly stay away.