Here comes the snow

rod

Retired 22 years
The Mississippi is starting to freeze over down below my house. I guess winter finally came. Most years its been frozen over long before now.

watdaflock?

Just heard my buddy go zooming by on the polaris. It's snowing and probably low teens with the wind chill.

How much does UPS really save with golf cart delivery in Midwestern small towns?

watdaflock?

It's unsafe and not allowed in many places
It's legal here. SMV triangle on the back, along with necessary lights, turn signals. It's a Polaris Ranger with a temporary cubicle on the back for packages. As for unsafe, if they were sticking to side streets and never crossing main state routes I'd agree. UPS has Polaris Rangers zooming up and down main state routes, attempting to share the road with semi trucks. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's legal here. SMV triangle on the back, along with necessary lights, turn signals. It's a Polaris Ranger with a temporary cubicle on the back for packages. As for unsafe, if they were sticking to side streets and never crossing main state routes I'd agree. UPS has Polaris Rangers zooming up and down main state routes, attempting to share the road with semi trucks. It's a disaster waiting to happen.
I've never dealt with them at all but do the rangers at least had enclosed cabs and heat?

All I've heard of is actual golf carts. It's understandable in Florida where it's still 70. 0 degrees in the Midwest I have no idea why anyone would do it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do they also cover the North side of chi-town? How about into Sturtevant, Wisco? Small hub there I noticed....
I'm not sure where the cut off is for 710/705. I just know some people in the local and apparently they had been told to be prepared to strike if the company didn't pull the golf carts off of the streets.

vvv

Walk like a Penguin
"But I'm not a penguin....my feet aren't the same and my weight is dispersed differently".

Yes.....that is what my manager hears when I said I won't walk in snow. Along with "How can I be safe if I can't see cracked or uneven pavement/sidewalk underneath."

Sooooo..........Emergency Conditions it is!!