Here It Comes

LTFedExer

We were told when signing in to hit the non-ROADS rt button. Saying it's a ROADS rt was causing a glitch of some sort. The manifest is there but I'm betting the idea was to be able to bring in newhires quickly if we unionized. If running off a computer generated manifest was more productive and efficient than an experienced courier lining up his stops every day we'd be doing it. Too many variables daily for a computer to get it right.
Let me clarify. The way ROADS is set up now, it will only tell you if the package is yours or not. It will not tell you the most 'efficient' way to run the route (that's in the next generation powerpad). We've been hitting 'Roads Route' for as long as we've had the pad. 'Accidentally' hit 'Roads Rte' one day and see what happens.

vantexan

Let me clarify. The way ROADS is set up now, it will only tell you if the package is yours or not. It will not tell you the most 'efficient' way to run the route (that's in the next generation powerpad). We've been hitting 'Roads Route' for as long as we've had the pad. 'Accidentally' hit 'Roads Rte' one day and see what happens.
We were hitting it and told to stop. Each region and especially each district comes up with different things they emphasize or want to try. It's not a cookie cutter across the board company. What I was saying about efficiency is that was the stated goal of the daily route manifest, a plan that the courier would follow. Might work in very condensed rts, I doubt it in much larger rts, especially extremely extended areas.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
It should. If you request the manifest when you sign on, any package with a different route number will double beep.

It should load automatically during the overnight update. But, I'm just a courier, what do I know?

Still wouldn't work. I still have frt. with other rt. nums. on it that are mine. I've given my list of corrections to the roads guys 3 times and they're still wrong. Nothing got fixed.

Ever notice that supplies that are astra'd due today have a roads label on them saying the next day?

LTFedExer

Still wouldn't work. I still have frt. with other rt. nums. on it that are mine. I've given my list of corrections to the roads guys 3 times and they're still wrong. Nothing got fixed.
I've had mine corrected so many times, I won't even begin to count. I still get packages with other rte #'s on it that are really mine.

FedEx2000

The biggest savings so far with ROADS is actually the secondary document sort.....before only the couriers that knew the whole station were really able to do a good job on the secondary.....now it's much quicker and just about anyone can do it. Still need to have some general knowledge though for the ones that the ACO doesn't get corrected etc.

The issue of having another route number on your pkgs might be due to the fact that currently ROADS is unable to split out the P1 and P2 in the same area between 2 different loops.....for example if you do the P1 in an area, but someone like a midday from a different loop does the P2, it will show your number instead....but it does help avoid P1 getting put in the midday's freight, sometimes. Or your OSS/Engineer might just be too lazy to fix it, just keep turning it in to your mgr, eventually they'll get tired of you handing it to them and get it fixed.

Sounds like you are all on SRA ROADS (Static Route Assignment), this is the first phase and only assigns it to the route. DRA (Dynamic Route Assignment) will do it in stop order and also show where it should be loaded on the truck. We won't be required to run it in the "suggested" order by ROADS, unless you aren't hitting your SPH goals doing it the way you think it should be done.

whenIgetthere

Ever notice that supplies that are astra'd due today have a roads label on them saying the next day?

On the AM sort I load my truck and the route next to me. She covers a mall on her route, does P1 and P2. So no problem, all the packages for that address should be routed to her, but ONE store in the mall gets a ROADS label for a route 40 miles away!! We have checked the address, city and zip, and they are all correct on every one of the packages to this store. The worst part is they go down the wrong belt even though the URSA on the labels is the correct one. We have talked to OSS until we're blue, and they can't fix it.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
The biggest savings so far with ROADS is actually the secondary document sort.....before only the couriers that knew the whole station were really able to do a good job on the secondary.....now it's much quicker and just about anyone can do it. Still need to have some general knowledge though for the ones that the ACO doesn't get corrected etc.

The issue of having another route number on your pkgs might be due to the fact that currently ROADS is unable to split out the P1 and P2 in the same area between 2 different loops.....for example if you do the P1 in an area, but someone like a midday from a different loop does the P2, it will show your number instead....but it does help avoid P1 getting put in the midday's freight, sometimes. Or your OSS/Engineer might just be too lazy to fix it, just keep turning it in to your mgr, eventually they'll get tired of you handing it to them and get it fixed.

Sounds like you are all on SRA ROADS (Static Route Assignment), this is the first phase and only assigns it to the route. DRA (Dynamic Route Assignment) will do it in stop order and also show where it should be loaded on the truck. We won't be required to run it in the "suggested" order by ROADS, unless you aren't hitting your SPH goals doing it the way you think it should be done.

Thx for the info. F2K
On the AM sort I load my truck and the route next to me. She covers a mall on her route, does P1 and P2. So no problem, all the packages for that address should be routed to her, but ONE store in the mall gets a ROADS label for a route 40 miles away!! We have checked the address, city and zip, and they are all correct on every one of the packages to this store. The worst part is they go down the wrong belt even though the URSA on the labels is the correct one. We have talked to OSS until we're blue, and they can't fix it.

Bingo!
Thats exactly what I have going on. My rt. does all it's own P1 and P2 and certain st. addresses constantly go to 2 other rts. And, like I said before, I handed the OSS guy the corrections 3 times. I even beat him up about it.