Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush

BrownArmy

That would be one law I'd break and do so any chance I got. And I'd bet I wouldn't be alone either!

Yet, if citizens were informed, involved, and advocates for their own destiny, wouldn't things change?

I'm not really asserting that citizens should be required to vote...

I guess I'm just having a fantasy where our civil society runs efficiently and most citizens vote because they know their vote will count.

Like I said, so many other things would have to change to achieve that status.

As well, I probably read too much sci-fi.

texan

College suspends professor for allegedly attempting to force students to vote for Obama

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for
President Obama in the upcoming elections.

Early last week Professor Sharon Sweet at Brevard Community College (BCC) allegedly told students to
sign a pledge that reads: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”
.jpg
A college professor has been placed on leave
after she legedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the 2012 elections.

University administrators said they learned about the incident late Thursday afternoon and launched
an investigation, after they received a phone call from a concerned parent.

“Based on the allegations, Associate Professor Sweet has requested, and been granted, a leave of
absence without pay effective immediately,” reads a statement put out by John Glisch, Associate
Vice President for Communications at BCC.

The pledge was printed off of GottaVote.org, a website funded by the Obama campaign.

wkmac

Yet, if citizens were informed, involved, and advocates for their own destiny, wouldn't things change?

I'm not really asserting that citizens should be required to vote...

I guess I'm just having a fantasy where our civil society runs efficiently and most citizens vote because they know their vote will count.

Like I said, so many other things would have to change to achieve that status.

As well, I probably read too much sci-fi.

I understand.

As to forcing or compelling someone to vote, if the means of force and compulsion to achieve an end are so good and lead to the outcome of perfection, then why is societal perfection not the rule all across the entire planet? Are you one of those "Utopianists"? ;)

The moment you have to use force in the public space is the moment you are admitting your ideas are not good in the first place and should be soundly rejected regardless of any other argument.