Here's a gas card for doing your job!!

konsole

Can you give us some examples of these companies that are giving their employees rewards or are you just assuming UPS is the only one that ignores their employees by just giving them one of the best benefit programs in the industry and not to mention the wage. Please be more specific.

The $8.50 or $9.50 starting wage for hourlies and then peanuts raises from there on out isnt something to brag about. The full timers make pretty good money but thats partly because the part timers are making so little money. What should happen is employees are given an option to what benefits they want and which benefits they don't want and then their pay increases for taking less benefits or decreases for taking more benefits. I hardly ever use the benefits and I think a small increase in pay and reduction in benefits works great for me.

UPSSOCKS

Hey everyone lunch is on me today. We serviced 875,000 packages this week and only misloaded 291 of them. That's a frequency of 3,000!!! Forget about the 291 customers you screwed for christmas..

konsole

Hey everyone lunch is on me today. We serviced 875,000 packages this week and only misloaded 291 of them. That's a frequency of 3,000!!! Forget about the 291 customers you screwed for christmas..

I hope your being sarcastic because 291 misloads out of 875,000 is only 0.003% of the 875k, and 99.997% loaded on the right truck is pretty damn good. Again I hope your being sarcastic but if your not then you probably should come back from unrealisticland.

UPSSOCKS

I hope your being sarcastic because 291 misloads out of 875,000 is only 0.003% of the 875k, and 99.997% loaded on the right truck is pretty damn good. Again I hope your being sarcastic but if your not then you probably should come back from unrealisticland.

See that is the teamster mentality. 291 Customers did not get what they paid for. Service must be perfect. Employees failed to do their jobs and we think it is ok because the service frequency is over 2500. That's why you guys lost your turkeys, because you just want to do enough to get by.

The Milkman

I don't know where all the hourlys get off thinking they have a stake in anything. How can you compare yourself to management? We are the elite and you work for us.

We may work for you but me and my union brothers made Ups what is is today. What is wrong for recognizing someone for many years of safe driving etc. etc. Only once in my 25 years did a manager tell me after coming in off a few weeks vacation that I did the job well, no driver follow ups, no complaints, customers liked me, after some drivers filled in for me. He knew that I did the job the way Ups wanted me to do it and I represented Ups every time I met the customers. It was a nice thing to hear from Management instead of being in the office the next morning looking at the green sheets and wondering why I was 3 clicks over..
I was never was problem driver. I took pride in my job and if Ups thanked me above and beyond my paycheck, then I left the bldg with a good attitude towards the day ahead of me instead of a sour taste in my mouth towards the center team.
I don't know if you ever drove and if you did it probably wasn't very long but I did many things over the years for the customers on those old RD rtes that no one but myself and the customer noticed.My efforts were not seen by my ctr team and I did the right thing everday as we all should do to represent Ups in the best light.
I feel for the drivers of today who see little by little however so small everyday the attitude of management towards them. Telematics and such tells me Ups has a trust issue. Someday Ups no matter what they pay, will have a hard time hiring drivers that will say it is not worth it to deal with the US against THEM attitude. Respect us and we will respect you. The job was and is hard enough already without extra pressure from people that could care less about the people doing the HARD work and those sitting around planning on firing or following someone for some frivolous infraction of Ups rules.
Back in the 80's people envied us drivers, we made decent money and had good benefits but now although retired would not recommend anyone to work there, because Big Brown is taking on water and before it sinks any lower someone in Atlanta better take notice. Ups provided me a good living and I thank the old Ups for that and believe me when I say this "I Earned my Pension" every penny I busted my tail year after year and the few recognition awards were welcomed although I wish Ups was Sincere when presented to me in my later years.
All the back stabbing I have seen in many centers makes me wonder what kind of people are running the show:whiteflag:

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Right. The Teamsters have no stake in the company. We have no control in the company. Yet, when we get mistreated, and it does happen you can't deny it, we can file grievances that make you guys sweat your bottom line. When you excessively take from us during a contract year, we can strike and that makes you guys lose business to the competition. Now, I don't want to strike and lose business, I like my job. I don't like filing grievance because it's petty. Your stance though, if it were wide spread throughout management, creates Jimmy Hoffa's. What you seem to forget (somehow) is that the BBQ's, the hats, the shirts, the recognition creates a culture that people do appreciate. Coming to work to collect a paycheck (which is what you are arguing for) sucks. The companies that keep their workers close knit and make them feel like they're family and appreciated always has better production and better quality. It's a proven fact. The more UPS has cut back, the worse the service becomes. Most of us aren't the petty asses you group all the Teamsters in. But when the things that create a give a damn attitude are taken away, it does change our perceptions for the worse not better. And just because you think you're in the management team at UPS your impervious to the whims of upper management you're dead wrong. One mistake, especially if it's a big mistake, and your gone.

Dagoof

See that is the teamster mentality. 291 Customers did not get what they paid for. Service must be perfect. Employees failed to do their jobs and we think it is ok because the service frequency is over 2500. That's why you guys lost your turkeys, because you just want to do enough to get by.

291 customers didnt get what they paid for because some manager trying to make his numbers look good so he can get a better bonus pulled 3 trucks and split them up to the already over dispatched Hourlys. Which in turn caused the already lost peak hire loaders to missload and forget to move part of the split that they couldnt find because the truck was overloaded. Whish makes the drivers late to get on road. Now he has to run all over and get the NDA done before commit time. If he would have got out on time he could have had all of shelf 1 done by now. However he has been delivering for an hour now and is just getting to shelf 1. The driver then has to run across town and try to make service on all the buisnesses that were loaded onto shelf 8 because some maroon who made the split thought this was a good place to put them. Which in turn makes him later on delivering the pkgs on shelf 5 so by the time he gets back to the resi on shelf 8 he is out of time and has to head back to the bldg. Just to be asked why didnt he finish? Now multiply this by the number of drivers who have to do this on a daily basis not only at peak and tell me who should be getting a bonus at the end of the year. The managment that screws thing up or the Hourly who has to bust his butt to try and clean things up.

konsole

see your on an extreme end of the spectrum and you think that I and all the other teamsters are on the opposite extreme. You think (or are just being a troll) that absolute perfection is attainable in our service with imperfect human employees making so many decisions and taking so many actions on a daily basis. While many teamsters may feel its ok to just do enough to get by, I don't agree with them. I'm not saying that we shouldnt try to create perfect service but I am saying that a certain number of errors will occur no matter what you do to prevent them. No number of misloads is acceptable but a certain number will inevitably happen.

The Milkman

Right. The Teamsters have no stake in the company. We have no control in the company. Yet, when we get mistreated, and it does happen you can't deny it, we can file grievances that make you guys sweat your bottom line. When you excessively take from us during a contract year, we can strike and that makes you guys lose business to the competition. Now, I don't want to strike and lose business, I like my job. I don't like filing grievance because it's petty. Your stance though, if it were wide spread throughout management, creates Jimmy Hoffa's. What you seem to forget (somehow) is that the BBQ's, the hats, the shirts, the recognition creates a culture that people do appreciate. Coming to work to collect a paycheck (which is what you are arguing for) sucks. The companies that keep their workers close knit and make them feel like they're family and appreciated always has better production and better quality. It's a proven fact. The more UPS has cut back, the worse the service becomes. Most of us aren't the petty asses you group all the Teamsters in. But when the things that create a give a damn attitude are taken away, it does change our perceptions for the worse not better. And just because you think you're in the management team at UPS your impervious to the whims of upper management you're dead wrong. One mistake, especially if it's a big mistake, and your gone.

I Agree :peaceful:

The Milkman

291 customers didnt get what they paid for because some manager trying to make his numbers look good so he can get a better bonus pulled 3 trucks and split them up to the already over dispatched Hourlys. Which in turn caused the already lost peak hire loaders to missload and forget to move part of the split that they couldnt find because the truck was overloaded. Whish makes the drivers late to get on road. Now he has to run all over and get the NDA done before commit time. If he would have got out on time he could have had all of shelf 1 done by now. However he has been delivering for an hour now and is just getting to shelf 1. The driver then has to run across town and try to make service on all the buisnesses that were loaded onto shelf 8 because some maroon who made the split thought this was a good place to put them. Which in turn makes him later on delivering the pkgs on shelf 5 so by the time he gets back to the resi on shelf 8 he is out of time and has to head back to the bldg. Just to be asked why didnt he finish? Now multiply this by the number of drivers who have to do this on a daily basis not only at peak and tell me who should be getting a bonus at the end of the year. The managment that screws thing up or the Hourly who has to bust his butt to try and clean things up.

Typical Ups management :sick:

raceanoncr

Do are (geez, I still can't thspeek with this foot in my mouth) comparing Apples to Oranges. Management runs the company in the ground. Teamsters do all the work there. They don't have control or say in anything, they just do their job the way it's supposed to be done. Management thinks they do, but no one cares what they say. Management may not deserve the bonuses but they get them because they lie, cheat and steal. /QUOTE]

Well said, Cindy!