Here's a gas card for doing your job!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
See that is the teamster mentality. 291 Customers did not get what they paid for. Service must be perfect. Employees failed to do their jobs and we think it is ok because the service frequency is over 2500. That's why you guys lost your turkeys, because you just want to do enough to get by.

268 of them probably had bad addresses or something incorrect on the label that UPS conveniently assigned a misload to the loader.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Not all managers are like UPSSOCKS.
I'll take things running smoothly and happy people EVERY time!
Southwest Airlines have a lot of happy people that make less than their counterparts at other airlines. The difference is they feel appreciated and want to make their Customers happy.
Virgin Atlantic is another great company that's spreading like crazy. Their CEO's mentality?? People, Customers, Shareholders in that order.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Oh yeah, and by the way, the systems in place like PAS and EDD, are only as good as the people programming them. And the employees are only as good as their training is. And they work harder with good and proper encouragement. WAIT, HOLD THE PHONE! Those are all managements jobs. Get a leg to stand on before you stand on the soap box.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I was starting to think you might of put me on ignore..... Nice to hear from you... I'm growin a larry bird mustache for you.... I hope the queer folk in the building don't get the wrong idea...

This comment alone is sick and disgusting. I don't care if it was meant in jest. Now, lets talk about the management that runs UPS. Let me make an all encompassing comment, since you get to. All management that runs our company are bigots like yourself.

iowa boy

See that is the teamster mentality. 291 Customers did not get what they paid for. Service must be perfect. Employees failed to do their jobs and we think it is ok because the service frequency is over 2500. That's why you guys lost your turkeys, because you just want to do enough to get by.

Nothing in life is perfect. We are all prone to and do make mistakes. That is part of our human nature, even yours, socks. Don't sit there and preach to me or anyone else on this board about being perfect when we all know that you are no where near perfect. I don't know you from a hill of beans, but I do know you are a human being and do make mistakes just like the rest of us.:peaceful:

raceanoncr

See that is the teamster mentality, doing the job the way it's supposed to be done, in contrast to management. 291 Customers did not get what they paid for because management just does not care anymore. Service must be perfect, like teamsters. Management employees failed to do their jobs and we think it is ok because the service frequency is over 2500. That's why I suck turkeys, because you just want to do your job the way it's supposed to be done.

Amen, Betty! Keep up the good work!

mnnice

I was starting to think you might of put me on ignore..... Nice to hear from you... I'm growin a larry bird mustache for you.... I hope the queer folk in the building don't get the wrong idea...
If you are in management, you need to watch how you phrase your comments. First, it starts with always being professional whether you are talking in person to someone or placing your thoughts on Brown Cafe. Second, if you are a management person, you need some "People's Training" so you don't make stupid comments like this.

P

pickup

Do are comparing Apples to Oranges. Management runs the company. Teamsters just work there. They don't have control or say in anything. They think they do, but no one cares what they say. Management may not deserve the bonuses but they get them because it is their company.

I and my fellow teamster drivers are getting free hero sandwiches tomorrow in recognition of our collective safe driving. Apparently, you have no say in how the company runs things because if you did, you would eliminate my free meal tomorrow .

Hey everyone lunch is on me today. We serviced 875,000 packages this week and only misloaded 291 of them. That's a frequency of 3,000!!! Forget about the 291 customers you screwed for christmas..

On Christmas Eve I am going to misload 2 boxes just for socks . I am going to bury them in the 8000 shelf and make sure they are amazon boxes hoping that someone doesn't get their Christmas present.

M

Meliorate

This comment alone is sick and disgusting. I don't care if it was meant in jest. Now, lets talk about the management that runs UPS. Let me make an all encompassing comment, since you get to. All management that runs our company are bigots like yourself.
I think Socks has appeared here since your last post. You are not suppose to take him serious.

You must be a female since you seem to post once a month.
Must be that time of month again.

rod

Retired 22 years
I and my fellow teamster drivers are getting free hero sandwiches tomorrow in recognition of our collective safe driving. Apparently, you have no say in how the company runs things because if you did, you would eliminate my free meal tomorrow .

Heck ---- Socks don't even have any say at home. Every evening he comes up out of the basement and says "whats for supper mom?"

D

Dis-organized Labor

If you are in management, you need to watch how you phrase your comments. First, it starts with always being professional whether you are talking in person to someone or placing your thoughts on Brown Cafe. Second, if you are a management person, you need some "People's Training" so you don't make stupid comments like this.

Hey... I hate to say it Again............but i will

UPSOCKS is My Partner. He may be a complete and absolute Flaming :censored2:; but he is still my Partner. Although He comes off as a total Ass....He is still my Partner. Although I may (don't) agree with his view of the Teamsters...I believe He's closer to it than I and I can only trust that he is working his piece of the maze/puzzle that we deal with every day.

Please don't take UPSSOCKS's comments too seriously..

He'll come around if you work with him....

bumped

UPSSOCKS...Management came up with the idea of the prizes and food for saftey to try and discourage people from from filing injury reports.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Do are comparing Apples to Oranges. Management runs the company. Teamsters just work there. They don't have control or say in anything. They think they do, but no one cares what they say. Management may not deserve the bonuses but they get them because it is their company.

You are right socks, management runs it. Why don't you show us how well you can handle it by yourself. I propose all teamsters is Socks area call i sick the next two days and let him show us just how damned important he is.

Oh, it worked so well for the company duing the strike didn't it Socks. You guys sure showed us just how the company flourishes without us!!!

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
How many companies reward you for doing your job? UPS has done it for years. We used to buy employees lunch for having less than 3 misloads a month, but isn't that employees job not to have misloads. We used to give employees prizes for not getting injured. Isn't it the employees job to work safe. UPS created a monster, by rewarding people for just doing their jobs. That's why everyone is in an uproar. Everyone is so used to getting something for just doing their job. I feel you get a paycheck for doing your job. I'm happy about the turkeys. That was the first of many missiles that the company is going to fire. Wait until 2010, you will forget about the turkey's by February. Don't fear, the turkeys will be back next year. I still believe in recognizing people for a job well done, but it's been a while since I have seen a job well done. It seems to me teamsters just worry about the job, and not the quality and efficiency of the job. For that reason I applaud the taking of the turkey's for that reason I am in full support of the cutbacks to come..... Merry Christmas....
I think im in total agreement with UPSSOCKS! We need to get completely rid of things for doing your job. Like managers bonus's!!!!! i also think managers make way too much and should take a pay cut. also i think there are to many for them so after the next year i think a lot of them should be laid off.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
. Telematics and such tells me Ups has a trust issue.

You have no idea!!

I went into the office with a piece of paper that I had jotted down a couple of bussiness names and addresses that are going to be closed for the week after Christmas. I gave it to the center manager and he told me that I would have to have those customers fax something, on their company letterhead, stating their hours of operation during that time period. I asked him why, he stated "We cannot just take your word for it!!" I am a 20 year employee with this company, I was overpaid this year for a weeks vacation, I pointed it out to them imediately, and repaid it. But I am going to lie about a business being closed? Are you fu***** kidding me?

I just don't get it!!!