Here's a gas card for doing your job!!

brownIEman

You have no idea!!

I went into the office with a piece of paper that I had jotted down a couple of bussiness names and addresses that are going to be closed for the week after Christmas. I gave it to the center manager and he told me that I would have to have those customers fax something, on their company letterhead, stating their hours of operation during that time period. I asked him why, he stated "We cannot just take your word for it!!" I am a 20 year employee with this company, I was overpaid this year for a weeks vacation, I pointed it out to them imediately, and repaid it. But I am going to lie about a business being closed? Are you fu***** kidding me?

I just don't get it!!!

This is not really a trust issue with you the driver. It is more with the customers. In the past, we have had customers, or someone in the company, tell the driver they are closed. So we hold the packages and sheet as closed. Meanwhile, for whatever reason someone actually comes in or they change the plan, or the shipping guy had it wrong, or whatever, and they call wondering where the heck their packages are. Lots of screaming at the center OMS, a corporate complaint or two, and maybe some lawsuit threats follow. And someone winds up digging through a retention feeder to find their widget. Been there, done that.

At least a note faxed over on company letter head provides some CYA. There is really no reason to take this personally.

cino321

You have no idea!!

I went into the office with a piece of paper that I had jotted down a couple of bussiness names and addresses that are going to be closed for the week after Christmas. I gave it to the center manager and he told me that I would have to have those customers fax something, on their company letterhead, stating their hours of operation during that time period. I asked him why, he stated "We cannot just take your word for it!!" I am a 20 year employee with this company, I was overpaid this year for a weeks vacation, I pointed it out to them imediately, and repaid it. But I am going to lie about a business being closed? Are you fu***** kidding me?

I just don't get it!!!

Dude, why do you care? If your management team didn't hand out a holiday closed list (to list all the addresses you know are closed for the duration of the holiday) or come up with some other solution then don't make it your problem to let them know about it. Sheet them up as closed on road, and leave a service notice.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Dude, why do you care? If your management team didn't hand out a holiday closed list (to list all the addresses you know are closed for the duration of the holiday) or come up with some other solution then don't make it your problem to let them know about it. Sheet them up as closed on road, and leave a service notice.

I care about the condition of the packages when they finally do get delivered, You know as well as I do that dragging packages in and out of the truck and trailers 4 or 5 times, and running them down the belts 4 or 5 times usually leads to some pretty tore up crap.

Not to mention we are talking about 20-40 pieces a day, after 4 or 5 days I would have a truck load that I could not get rid of.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I think Socks has appeared here since your last post. You are not suppose to take him serious.

You must be a female since you seem to post once a month.
Must be that time of month again.

Read my entire post before you decide to call me a female which kind of puts you in the bigot category as well. I said, I don't care if it's in jest.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If you are in management, you need to watch how you phrase your comments. First, it starts with always being professional whether you are talking in person to someone or placing your thoughts on Brown Cafe. Second, if you are a management person, you need some "People's Training" so you don't make stupid comments like this.
It dosnt' bother me ,but thanks. I take it from where it came.On his laptop in moms basement!!!! Socks,,get up here its time for your bath!!!! Ohhhhh ok ma, I'll be right up!!!

Treegrower

Can you give us some examples of these companies that are giving their employees rewards or are you just assuming UPS is the only one that ignores their employees by just giving them one of the best benefit programs in the industry and not to mention the wage. Please be more specific.

The Forbes Magazine or Fortune Magazines articles of the 50 Best places in America to work will give you ample examples.

Hey everyone lunch is on me today. We serviced 875,000 packages this week and only misloaded 291 of them. That's a frequency of 3,000!!! Forget about the 291 customers you screwed for christmas..
Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood. I thought you said you were a supervisor. Isn't it the supervisors job to see that the PTers don't mess up? So in the end it was YOU that is responsible for the 291 misloads.
Oh yeah, while we are on the subject, all misloads are not service failures.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Do are comparing Apples to Oranges. Management runs the company. Teamsters just work there. They don't have control or say in anything. They think they do, but no one cares what they say. Management may not deserve the bonuses but they get them because it is their company.
This was true in the past and would still be the case had you morons not put the stock on the open market. Now you have to answer to me and my fellow Teamster brothers as well as all other stockholders. Managers once ruled the roost, but no more. So keep on living out your fantasies on this site, saying everything you can't in real life. Then go to work and do what your told like everybody else.

The Milkman

You have no idea!!

I just don't get it!!!

Just another day at Big Brown..Glad I retired and dont have to deal with all the Bs. Glad I got over on them every time I had a chance too, because they stuck it to me whenever they could and my Union Brothers:happy-very:

The Milkman

Yes I am sorry, what was I thinking. Monkeys could do your jobs, but you made a company last 100 years....

The way you keep automating the so called new system someday that's who will be working for you. I hope someday one of your own as I have seen in the past screws you like you have done to us over the years.

I don't think Casey's original thought about doing business included treating people like #'s and with no respect. Again I ask you Mr UPS..How long did you drive if at all before you went crying to your sup on how to get into management because the job was to tough for your Pansy %#$.

And if you did drive you probably ran, skipped lunch etc. etc. to impress your team to show how self centered you were. Just the types they look for. You are Pathetic. When you are on your death bed I wonder if you could die in peace knowing that in life you were a despised human being only looking out for himself, Do you treat your family the way you treat Upser's....Let me think...They think you are a wonderful caring person..Little do they know what a JERK you are...:angry:

Treegrower

Folks at the BC. Don't put too much time into this guy. I have known him for years and years. There are lots of articles and stories about him. His reume includes mgt. positions at REA and then in the 90's he held a similar position at Enron and then more recently he was at Lehman Bros. and most recently GM.

The Milkman

Folks at the BC. Don't put too much time into this guy. I have known him for years and years. There are lots of articles and stories about him. His reume includes mgt. positions at REA and then in the 90's he held a similar position at Enron and then more recently he was at Lehman Bros. and most recently GM.

Nuff Said!!:whiteflag: