Heres a tip for dealing with irregs

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If your floor space is clogged with irregs that wont fit on a shelf and you are tired of stepping around/over/on them...stand them upright against a shelf and tie them off with bungee cords. This will help you organize your car and clear a walkway thru the middle.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1416431316.504634.jpg

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Great idea, but we won't have these fancy bungee cords in my old building.

Oh well, let that 60" TV box keep falling over and rolling around. Next time, go pick that SOB up at Best Buy yourself!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Great idea, but we won't have these fancy bungee cords in my old building.

Oh well, let that 60" TV box keep falling over and rolling around. Next time, go pick that SOB up at Best Buy yourself!
You must be in an area with no snow. Our auto shop has boxes of bungee cords available for use with tire chains.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I just run em all first before I start the route to clear out the middle. Run irregs with airs and just backtrack the route. But run stops off on my way back to start of route so I don't have a lot of downtime just riding back to beginning of route. Being productive while running up miles to look that much better on paper, and they cant say nothing about it either, since im working safe and being productive as miles go up. More than 1 way to look like a rock star on that bs gaywaad report they look at every morning. Never say anything to me about the miles being up cause if they look im being productive in the process lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
I just run em all first before I start the route to clear out the middle. Run irregs with airs and just backtrack the route. But run stops off on my way back to start of route so I don't have a lot of downtime just riding back to beginning of route. Being productive while running up miles to look that much better on paper, and they cant say nothing about it either, since im working safe and being productive as miles go up. More than 1 way to look like a rock star on that bs gaywaad report they look at every morning. Never say anything to me about the miles being up cause if they look im being productive in the process lol.

It is easily worth driving a couple of miles to get rid of that big junk and clear out the floor. That will easily save you time through the rest of the day but the new UPS is all about reducing miles without looking at anything else.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It is easily worth driving a couple of miles to get rid of that big junk and clear out the floor. That will easily save you time through the rest of the day but the new UPS is all about reducing miles without looking at anything else.
As long as you look good on that paper on how you plan out, that's all they care about anyway lol. Just have to be able to cover your butt if miles are high and you do that being productive as you backtrack. If you had a bunch of miles and downtime not being productive as your running irregs then they may say something to ya, but if your smart about it and show productivity, no worries cause you covered yourself.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Get as many as you can on the truck. Leave the rest cause 3 years ago UPS takes anything without regard for the driver or lack of truck size. Everything is bigger and no money is spent to help us with this problem.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

If your floor space is clogged with irregs that wont fit on a shelf and you are tired of stepping around/over/on them...stand them upright against a shelf and tie them off with bungee cords. This will help you organize your car and clear a walkway thru the middle.
View attachment 20227
The package cars in my center look nothing like that......I'm gonna put my transfer in to that center.......truck looks like the one in the ups video

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I like the 150 pound coffee tables etc.. that say "team lift". always the people with the longest driveways order that crap. "oh, and can you put it in the living room?"

DriverMD

I like the 150 pound coffee tables etc.. that say "team lift". always the people with the longest driveways order that crap. "oh, and can you put it in the living room?"
I had a huge ass cabinet once that I was getting off with my airs. It was about 150 pounds. It was raining. Miserable. This family was just standing in their garage watching me struggle lugging that monster up to their house.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I had a huge ass cabinet once that I was getting off with my airs. It was about 150 pounds. It was raining. Miserable. This family was just standing in their garage watching me struggle lugging that monster up to their house.
No one helps its a lazy selfish society so help is out of the question unless they push the button on their garage door opener.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Thanks for being the reason ORION was implemented. Lol. I climb over the bulk to stay on trace.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I know! you just want to scream...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That's why you back up to their garage first, get out and ring door bell and kindly ask them to open garage door and youll meet them by garage to drop it off at in there. Of course that's if you can. Anything super duper heavy ill always back up to garage if possible. Depends where your at obviously lol.