Here's an odd firing story.....

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So, through some hearsay and speculation, I have heard that a new-ish driver in a local building was fired for stealing a bottle of water from the vending machine in the lunch room. I haven't been able to figure out if he had put his money in and got taken, or if he just wanted a free Fiji water. So he shook the machine and there's a camera that looks right at the machines, to catch people rocking them.

This has GOT to be about the stupidest damn thing you could do to get yourself fired. I hope that water tasted like $75,000, cause that's what he threw away to enjoy a nice, fresh bottle

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Wow.damn...lol. I hope that was the best tasting water he ever drank! I told a good friend of mine once....it's gotten to the point if I walked into the building and saw a five dollar bill sitting on the floor...I'd step over it and keep walking. You never know who's watching.

Future

Victory Ride
:2scared::2scared:
Wow.damn...lol. I hope that was the best tasting water he ever drank! I told a good friend of mine once....it's gotten to the point if I walked into the building and saw a five dollar bill sitting on the floor...I'd step over it and keep walking. You never know who's watching.
My back hurts to much to bend over to pick it up!

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Yeah and UPS may have stepped over it to pick up a penny.

Future

Victory Ride
So, through some hearsay and speculation, I have heard that a new-ish driver in a local building was fired for stealing a bottle of water from the vending machine in the lunch room. I haven't been able to figure out if he had put his money in and got taken, or if he just wanted a free Fiji water. So he shook the machine and there's a camera that looks right at the machines, to catch people rocking them.

This has GOT to be about the stupidest damn thing you could do to get yourself fired. I hope that water tasted like $75,000, cause that's what he threw away to enjoy a nice, fresh bottle
Damn Fiji water in your vending machine? We have Pauls "almost Spring water" in our machines.Must be a Beverly Hills building!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver fired for "theft of services". He had "borrowed" a peel-off barcode label from the SRM book at one of his pickups to send a package back to the shipper. 99% of the time this would have gone unnoticed but this package was returned to the pickup as damaged. A few phone calls later and this guy is out of a job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I guess the driver really was "wet behind the ears"?

O/C

The part timers generally beat the snot out of a particular candy machine on a daily cycle in my center. Nothing has happened to them. The machine in question has issues of not providing the product once paid for.

Sent using BrownCafe App

vowl

up late
I found a Sacagawea dollar under some rollers at work one night. I showed every boss the dollar. Just to make sure I was not stealing. It was asinine , but you always have to cover your back at ups. I still don't know what clown brings a generally useless coin to work.

I found a Sacagawea dollar under some rollers at work one night. I showed every boss the dollar. Just to make sure I was not stealing. It was asinine , but you always have to cover your back at ups. I still don't know what clown brings a generally useless coin to work.
Some change machines give you dollar coins for a 5, 10, or 20 dollar bill. Better then all quarters.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm glad there are no cameras in our break room. There was a certain kind of vending machine there that had a dispenser that if was .....um.....turned a special way at a certain frequency if you will......would dispense it's contents without having to pay for it. And as many as you wanted. I would have been fired during rather early in my career.