Here's one for ya...

hypo hanna

I would never turn down any raise offered to me, but I wouldn't be stupid enough to demand one under the conditions they were facing .
So what dire conditions would fedex be facing? Highest ever recorded effeciencies? A market Capitol 15% higher (est),then just before the 2008 recession and more then Twice the value of where it bottomed out in 2009?

Serf

For a GOP/FedEx lackey like you, $14 per hour is probably a reasonable figure to ensure job security, right?
$15.89 actually. But I only have a year and a half in. So in 20 years as presently constituted, I will be at top pay in 2034.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So you're ok with someone getting a million dollars in bonuses in a year when the company lost money but not ok with the union negotiating a raise the next year when the company made money? Yup, seems legit to me.

I don't care what they negotiate and I'm not saying they should or shouldn't get it. It's not coming out of my pocket. I'm saying that the guy who steered the ship out of the storm and into nice calm waters is worth a million bucks, especially when he left his other 2 competitors to eat his dust. It's not like the rank and file had any bright ideas to turn things around.

59 Dano

Long term plans my friend. And you are making it that they are losing money, public records show big business is making more money than ever and giving less back, stagnate wages, not hiring, working every loophole (PT) (ObamaFear). So there is your money grab.

I never said that they were losing money, but that they were depriving themselves of further income.

Doing all of that then turning around and blaming the President for high unemployment. So they are making bank, plus blaming liberals. So my possible suggestion, albeit it as I mentioned a theory of sorts but seems fairly clear and am far from alone in thinking... When their boys get in, they will change their habits to make their people look good and say "SEE! We better than you.", because I know for fact several conservative outlets that will immediately do that.

So they are leaving money on the table for no other reason than to say "NYAHHHHHHH!!!"

Wow.

59 Dano

For a GOP/FedEx lackey like you, $14 per hour is probably a reasonable figure to ensure job security, right? That translates-out to around $30,000 per year, which isn't exactly decent pay, even in the Mid-South.

That comes as shocking news to the countless people in the mid-south who live well on that kind of money and those who line up for jobs that pay $14-$15 an hour. It won't make you rich, but it will take good enough care of you.

CEO pay is way out of bounds in comparison to hourly pay, and concentration of wealth in this country is criminal. Most people can barely make it from paycheck to paycheck, yet the aristocratic class has never done better...and you are absolutely OK with that, because you are nothing but a tool.

I'm OK with that because a CEO's pay has nothing to do with my pay. You have a problem with that because you are mental.

dezguy

I don't care what they negotiate and I'm not saying they should or shouldn't get it. It's not coming out of my pocket. I'm saying that the guy who steered the ship out of the storm and into nice calm waters is worth a million bucks, especially when he left his other 2 competitors to eat his dust. It's not like the rank and file had any bright ideas to turn things around.

The rank and file don't get paid a couple million dollars a year to turn things around but they have been consistently taking concessions, trying to keep the company in the black. I guess that doesn't count, right?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's not like the rank and file had any bright ideas to turn things around.
Well do you seriously think the upper crust of the corporate world really gives a damn what the rank and file think?

Try being a courier and make a suggestion to improve anything and the deaf ears are in abundance.

Sent using BrownCafe Appi

hypo hanna

I don't know that FedEx is facing any dire conditions. The net profit margin at Express is around 5%. Not bad, but not that good.

::snicker:: What is a "market Capitol"? Do you mean market capitalization?
Yes, address the typo, not the point being made.... [rolling eyes]

Serf

That comes as shocking news to the countless people in the mid-south who live well on that kind of money and those who line up for jobs that pay $14-$15 an hour. It won't make you rich, but it will take good enough care of you.

I'm OK with that because a CEO's pay has nothing to do with my pay. You have a problem with that because you are mental.
PLENTY OF Ol' Army buddies from Kentucky, Texas, Missouri, that were chomping at the bit to get these wages at the plants in town. They told me because the other option to this is 7.25 at the gas station or dairy farm.

Serf

1 1/2 years explains a lot. If you are around long enough, that kool aid becomes pretty hard to swallow.
As I have stated before and stated again. FedEx is supplemental income, dental, and 401k for me. I would not have it as my sole gainful employment. I haven't been around that long. And I don't feel sorry for you guys either.

MAKAVELI

As I have stated before and stated again. FedEx is supplemental income, dental, and 401k for me. I would not have it as my sole gainful employment. I haven't been around that long. And I don't feel sorry for you guys either.
And why shouldn't it be for the majority of us? Obviously your situation is not the norm here at FedEx. Most of the count on this income to support our families here people like you basically from corporate saying that we are worthless really says a lot about this company and your character.

TUT

I never said that they were losing money, but that they were depriving themselves of further income.

So they are leaving money on the table for no other reason than to say "NYAHHHHHHH!!!"

Wow.

Well I like watching you guys because some of the characters on board. What I've found out from feedback here that Fedex's Healthcare took it in the shorts this year, if that isn't true please let me know. I have taken a look and posted a while back how much by % YOY Fedex's medical costs have risen since 2000. They have actually slowed down in the past several years, averaging if my memory serves me correctly about 5% annually that past few. However your medical costs/coverage took much more than a 5% hit from what I understand. So there is a case where they make more money using most likely The Affordable Health Care Act as a reason to raise rates much greater than what their costs have risen. So there ya go a win-win for them. More money in the corps pockets and blame liberals, even though it hasn't shown on their quarterlies yet.

bbsam

Staff member
Thank you Tut. I've been saying for months now that companies have been using Obamacare as a way to screw people over and everybody gives these hugely profitable companies a pass. Somehow these companies paint themselves as a victim of the ACA and people buy it. It's maddening.

MAKAVELI

Thank you Tut. I've been saying for months now that companies have been using Obamacare as a way to screw people over and everybody gives these hugely profitable companies a pass. Somehow these companies paint themselves as a victim of the ACA and people buy it. It's maddening.
Reminds me of the contractor scam.;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

FedEx is giving us a double screwing because the FedEx "Plan" meets the minimum threshold of the ACA, thereby prohibiting Express employees from purchasing better and cheaper insurance through the exchange(s). Our present "Plan" is essentially a very expensive benefit that is unusable, except for basic checkups etc. Do you think Fred is both saving and making money off this travesty? You bet he is, and that makes him an even bigger piece of :censored2: than he already was.

TUT

It's just right in our faces. I don't want any new laws only because corps will interpret them to use to their advantage on why there is going to be another take away. It's just the climate we are in right now.

For example your pension: http://www.wmctv.com/story/6150764/retirement-plan-changes-for-fedex-employees

Labelled... "Modernizing", another word for less pay.

Congress passed law, Bush signs it. It is called the Federal Pension Protection Act to HELP people. What companies did was read it and gut pensions, we can't abide to its strict rules. Was this the true plan of the bill all along? The point being new law comes about, gives company an opening to make change, blame law, its them not us, now move along.

Now there are winners in cases like this, those that were already tapped out on their current pension with a number of years left to work. They now have two pensions, even if the newer one isn't as good, still better than nothing. I was at a place that almost fooled the owner, the person who coined it made sure his employment date would just squeak in for the additional beni's. When he figured that out, the whole plan was axed.

Even if Obamcare isn't a great start its thinking is on the right path, it's the only sane path. Corps have been crying for decades (rightfully so) of health care costs, there is no higher cost than the US system so why now was the status quo OK? But no, when a liberal pens the bill... well we don't want them to get the glory. We need it to fail, sabotage it... and maybe someday we'll come up with our own plan... The Romney Plan. It's all crazy :censored2:. Ideally health would move over to the gov't this would then allow companies to not have to deal with any medical which should be a huge savings and hopefully that would then come with raises is pay, right.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well, if your other source of income ever tanks, we won't feel sorry for you either. That is if your "other job" even exists at all.