Here's the situation

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
When you hand me my order at the Mickey D's drive-thru tomorrow please make sure the fries are standing up.
Don't worry about it. Your not going to be fired. You will be yelled at and prob get a letter. Unless you have had a letter for this in the past 9 months alreadyfor this issue then progressive dicipline will be taken.

box_beeyotch

Don't worry about it. Your not going to be fired. You will be yelled at and prob get a letter. Unless you have had a letter for this in the past 9 months alreadyfor this issue then progressive dicipline will be taken.
No I've never had a letter for anything and only ever had a late air once that was a saver.

oldngray

nowhere special

Agreed. There will be bitching but nothing serious. Its not as if the COD money wasn't collected at all. I knew a driver who left COD's at a stop and went back later for the money and that place had closed down and went out of business during the day. He never did collect the money and had to pay for it out of his own pocket.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Agreed. There will be bitching but nothing serious. Its not as if the COD money wasn't collected at all. I knew a driver who left COD's at a stop and went back later for the money and that place had closed down and went out of business during the day. He never did collect the money and had to pay for it out of his own pocket.

14 late airs and packages with unpaid brokerage fees left at the business---"there will be bitching but nothing serious"? This kid, who is just a cover driver, is going to have his ass handed to him and, sadly, he is going to try to bring the bid driver down with him.

box_beeyotch

14 late airs and packages with unpaid brokerage fees left at the business---"there will be bitching but nothing serious"? This kid, who is just a cover driver, is going to have his ass handed to him and, sadly, he is going to try to bring the bid driver down with him.
Except I'm not going to try and bring anybody down with me. That was just a statement. Dont make accusations about what I am and am not going to do because you have no idea. I can accept when I screw up without trying to pass the blame on someone else.

oldngray

nowhere special

The way I understand it is the driver recovered the packages when he went back for the money and it was still NM1. If he still left the packages that day without collecting then it is more serious, yes.

box_beeyotch

The way I understand it is the driver recovered the packages when he went back for the money and it was still NM1. If he still left the packages that day without collecting then it is more serious, yes.
That's correct. That has been the arrangement with this stop for years now, it just so happened this time they didn't have the check so I took the stuff back and the receiver knew that was what was going to happen. They can see what time they were actually scanned as well. Like I said, it's my mistake and I take blame. It's already happened, can't change it, just learn from it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yeah I did leave them there and trust they had a check which I know was a mistake. It's not my route and that's the agreement between the regular driver and said customer. The bottom line is it was stupid and I know now to not let it happen again. Whatever their going to do about it, their going to do about it. It is what it is.

As a cover driver, you have to say no to that agreement. Let the bid guy do it, but not you.

In my 34 years I had one and only one customer I trusted to do that. And, due to a family emergency on his part, he almost screwed me one time.