Here's what I dont get...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The amount of sarcasm, venom, hate and all-around butthurt that has been directed at me lately over my concerns about forum behavior is astounding, especially considering that I never once attacked or criticized any individual.

My question is this: if what I am saying is truly so offensive and disturbing to others, why dont they follow the same advice they keep giving me...and just put ME on their "ignore" lists?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
The amount of sarcasm, venom, hate and all-around butthurt that has been directed at me lately over my concerns about forum behavior is astounding, especially considering that I never once attacked or criticized any individual.

My question is this: if what I am saying is truly so offensive and disturbing to others, why dont they follow the same advice they keep giving me...and just put ME on their "ignore" lists?

Stop sweating the small stuff. We all work for the same 2 companies and life is too short to let these companies bring us down. This place (BC) is just our "out" from everyday grinds and pressures. It's the internet not a popularity contest.

You don't bother me, some of your points are good, others I don't so much agree with but to each his own right?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I called you "preachy" not offensive. This is the internet...there's a plethora of butthurt which I find rather hysterical. In the end.....who cares? Wah....strangers typed mean things to me...lol
Don't take the internet so seriously.

Last edited:

oldupsman

It's a generational thing Sober. I'm in my sixties and I'll bet you're closer to 60 than 40. We were taught to have manners, be civil to others.
Say please, thank you, you're welcome. Respect your elders. Internet or not show respect to your fellow human being.

The internet generation doesn't see it that way. It's anything goes. Show no respect or mercy to anyone. Feel free to insult whoever and whenever.
There is no real human contact so who cares. The internet and social media has given a platform to any idiot who can tweet.

milb

Respected Member

Don't take it personal sober. A lot of ignorant people out there.:wacko:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You're pretty objective when it comes to things on here.

What really happened?

Actually, the usual internet stuff. Someone didn't like what someone else was doing, got upset, got others upset, and so it began.

I kind of agree with both sides, but to quote the worst center manager I ever had, it is what it is.

Excrement occurs, and hopefully everybody will get over it.

Overpaid Union Thug

LOL. Many of the replies in this thread only validate the issue you brought forth in the first thread. What a frackin (Battlestar Galactic) kindergarten class this forum can be sometimes. Come on people..... you are better than this!!!!!

Most of you anyway.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
LOL. Many of the replies in this thread only validate the issue you brought forth in the first thread. What a frackin (Battlestar Galactic) kindergarten class this forum can be sometimes. Come on people..... you are better than this!!!!!

Most of you anyway.
All we need now is you to twist the whole thing into management harassing you

Overpaid Union Thug

We have seen your true colors too.

Dude, your usually funny and your posts have never bothered me but you are barking up the wrong tree with that comment. My true colors have been shown since day one on this forum.

Sober is right. I wasnt even exactly sure who all he was specifically talking about for some of the behavior he mentioned. I did have a few people in mind but I definitely knew the gist of what he was talking about. This thread is a perfect example. People can be pricks on here.
The only people that should be offended by that are those that are guilty of it. Yes, most of us have popped off at some point or another. But some are frequent offenders. I am not one of them. And I don't think your are either.

And some do, in fact, necro post. And/or simply post allot. An awful lot. It gets annoying but it doesn't really bother me. I've developed a knack for filtering it out. And Sober will too. It's the pompous, smartassed, and childish behavior towards others that is really getting old.

All we need now is you to twist the whole thing into management harassing you

That makes no sense because it's not, in anyway, in context. Thanks for playing though.

And who are you again?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The fact that this thread exists is a testament to why there needs to be a "Hide Thread" in the top right corner next to "Watch Thread". There's a lot of people around here who make stupid posts and start stupid threads but I can ignore them myself without even having to click "Ignore"; there's nobody on my ignore list as nothing actually bothers me to begin with. But as this thread is now twelve pages in, it seems that's clearly not the cast with everyone else, and I'm sure the feature would prove invaluable to them. They just need to utilize it. There is nothing on the internet worth getting this :censored2: worked up about.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go refresh the page and click "Unwatch Thread".

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Maybe you should learn to post in the right sub forum or are you just an attention whore worried about getting the most eyeballs on your thread?
If I was desperate for attention, I would just carpet-bomb every other thread in the forum with necroposts and off-topic spam so that people would have no choice but to see me.

But I dont, because a few other members discovered that trick first and I dont want to be a copycat.

hyena

Have you tried the union forums? They're a friendly bunch...