Hernia.. drug test?

Gear

Parts on Order
Considering the fact that there are a few pot smoking UPSers, you would think someone would know the answer to this question. But then again, nobody knows anything. Asking your steward or another pot smoking employee from your building, who has been there over 10 years, may be the best bet.

El Correcto

god is dead
smoking weed is a waste of money. I quit the day I started driving school and don't miss it anymore. Im too paranoid to risk my job over something as silly as weed.

Got a hernia around 8 years ago......collected comp.....no tests.....no questions asked other than UPS trying to give me a hard time. Almost accusing me of it not being work related. Yeah....laying around the couch on Sunday afternoons watching football may have caused it vs. lugging overweights daily on my route.

Like someone else in this thread said, they are just happy that the part timers show up. I have never heard of one being drug tested. And have only heard of 1or 2 non CDL drivers in my building ever being tested over the last 22 + years.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Got a hernia around 8 years ago......collected comp.....no tests.....no questions asked other than UPS trying to give me a hard time. Almost accusing me of it not being work related. Yeah....laying around the couch on Sunday afternoons watching football may have caused it vs. lugging overweights daily on my route.

Like someone else in this thread said, they are just happy that the part timers show up. I have never heard of one being drug tested. And have only heard of 1or 2 non CDL drivers in my building ever being tested over the last 22 + years.

That was 8 years ago. Times change.

You may have also been in a state that did not require drug testing in order to receive workers comp benefits.

More states than not may require a drug test to receive workers comp benefits today.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I recently went to the clinic and was disqualified for this type of injury. It was a regular physical, they take a urine sample only to test for diabetes. The "doctor" just looked at my injury and didn't even touch me. He thought I worked for Fedex too, my Browns confused him.

underworked1

I doubt you have anything to worry about. From what I understand if you are a loader and show up for work regularly you can get away with anything short of being an ax murderer. (even that won't disqualify you during peak).
If we drug tested we wouldn't have loaders. How else we gonna get people to come be slaves breaking their back for slightly better than minimum wage