Hershey 2010

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brownedout, Oct 4, 2010.

1. brownedout

brownedout New Member

I'd be the first to bash our company for something wrong. So I just want to say thanks for once again holding a UPS day at Hershey Park. It's great to meet and talk with fellow UPSers from all over. Saw license plates from as far as Michagan, Tennessee, and New Mexico (WOW!!) Personally from Morris County, NJ. It looked like a great time was had by all.
  2. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

I am in Florida. I wish we had been told about that!
  3. abc123

abc123 New Member

I didn't go... I can see the Great Bear from my house (right now, where I'm sitting), and the park gets a little old after a while.
  4. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You would have driven all the way to Pennsylvania just to go to an amusement park?

6. stevetheupsguy

Not just for the amusement park, but to meet a bunch of other UPS'ers. Hmmmmm................?
  7. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Massachusetts not invited either.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

It was on upsers most of the summer.
  9. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Who reads that crap?
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

I think we both know at least one person who does (and not just on Thursday morning).
  11. stevetheupsguy

12. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Couldn't I meet a bunch of UPSers simply by walking into one of their terminals?
  13. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I've lived within 10 miles of Hersheypark for all my life and for the 17 years I have worked at UPS I have yet to go to the UPS day there. I have season passes with the family so we go anytime. Why would I pay an extra $25+ per person to go somewhere that go often enough already.

But, if Steve were going, I may just make the eception.
  14. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

Anything beats Disney!!!
  15. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

didnt even hear about it here in NY
  16. FracusBrown

FracusBrown Ponies and Planes

I would have went, but some grumpy old usless lazy hag sent my check back on the last day.
  17. brownedout

brownedout New Member

saw lots of 804 markings on peoples shirts and jackets even met up with 1 guy from Elmsford Ctr
  18. SoccerFan

SoccerFan New Member

We've gone every year but we haven't heard anything about UPS Day at Hershey Park for 2011 - we usually start to hear about it right about now (July-August). Do you happen to know if they're still planning it for 2011? Or did it get put on the budget cuts chopping block?
  19. Official Dill

Official Dill New Member

brownedout , if you dont mind me asking, where at in Morris County are you from? I use to live up there when I was young. In Madison , NJ.. I am 19 now. Lived in New Jersey(South Jersey, Camden County, for about 95% of it) my entire life until I just recently moved down to Jacksonville Florida.
  20. brownedout

brownedout New Member

Since HR is now upsers.com, I would imagine we will be seeing something about it there very shortly. Hopefully.