Hey! Don't I get a receipt?!

Marne Vet

Customer: "Hey! Don't I get a receipt?!"
Me: "A what? Receipt? No, you don't get a receipt. You sign for the package, and that's it."
Customer: "Well how do they know that I got it?!"
Me: "Your signature sir"
Customer: "That's not gonna tell them that I actually have it. Anyone can sign for it and say they have it. How will they know that I actually signed for it?!"
Me: "Because you're signing your name on here (points to the DIAD), and that's how it works"
Customer: "I can sign anyones name on there. I can sign your name on there, and that will tell them YOU signed for it! I want a receipt to PROVE that I have it!"
Me: "Look, sign your name. Sign Mickey friend'ing Mouse for all I care. Whatever you sign on there that's your signature, and if you need to prove to whoever you're talking about that you have the package, then show them the package! Jesus guy, sign, or I'm leaving. I don't have all day to explain this."
Customer: "That's still not proof!"
Me: (walking back towards the package car) "We're done here. Have a nice day."
Customer: "Wait! I want my package!"
Me: "Sign"
Customer: "This still doesn't...."
Me: (cuts him off) "That's good"

Couldn't read this jerk-offs signature, and was pissed beyond belief at how stupid he was so his name is "Smith" for all I care. I seriously get some of the dumbest customers ever. I don't know how many times I've been asked for a receipt when these geniuses are signing for their packages, but this one was over the top! smh

S

selfcancelsignal

Customer: "Hey! Don't I get a receipt?!"
Me: "A what? Receipt? No, you don't get a receipt. You sign for the package, and that's it."
Customer: "Well how do they know that I got it?!"
Me: "Your signature sir"
Customer: "That's not gonna tell them that I actually have it. Anyone can sign for it and say they have it. How will they know that I actually signed for it?!"
Me: "Because you're signing your name on here (points to the DIAD), and that's how it works"
Customer: "I can sign anyones name on there. I can sign your name on there, and that will tell them YOU signed for it! I want a receipt to PROVE that I have it!"
Me: "Look, sign your name. Sign Mickey friend'ing Mouse for all I care. Whatever you sign on there that's your signature, and if you need to prove to whoever you're talking about that you have the package, then show them the package! Jesus guy, sign, or I'm leaving. I don't have all day to explain this."
Customer: "That's still not proof!"
Me: (walking back towards the package car) "We're done here. Have a nice day."
Customer: "Wait! I want my package!"
Me: "Sign"
Customer: "This still doesn't...."
Me: (cuts him off) "That's good"

Couldn't read this jerk-offs signature, and was pissed beyond belief at how stupid he was so his name is "Smith" for all I care. I seriously get some of the dumbest customers ever. I don't know how many times I've been asked for a receipt when these geniuses are signing for their packages, but this one was over the top! smh

S

selfcancelsignal

LMAO! Haven't ran into the receipt thing yet, but did have some lady in the clinic today sign a couple of squiggly lines & say, "here ya go". It's funny how some of sign that crappy then won't even tell you their name. What a coincidence. According to me, this ladies last name was Smith too. Laughs.

Marne Vet

I can't tell you how many times I've asked someone what their last name was, and they fire through it like it's an Olympic sprint. Slow down, say that again? They spew it out again, and then I just type in whatever I think I heard. I like the idiots that say "My name is Frank, with an friend" Like how else would you spell Frank you stupid butt crumb! Oh, or the people with simple last names like "Washington", and then they proceed to start spelling it out for you like you don't know how to spell WASHINGTON! Christ, why did I have to work in an industry surrounded by morons!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would of told then sorry my receipt printer on the board is broken.

If you would like a receipt you'll have to come pick the package up at the customer counter.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have pulled the PAL label off if somebody was refusing a package and wanted some kind of proof. I have also wrote the tracking number on an Infonotice and handed it to them.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Most people would read about Marne's adventures in paradise and say "no way can those people so stupid." Unfortunately we all know the joys of working with the public and can say he is probably understating their idiocy. Too many people are out to prove Darwin was wrong.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Oh, or the people with simple last names like "Washington", and then they proceed to start spelling it out for you like you don't know how to spell WASHINGTON! Christ, why did I have to work in an industry surrounded by morons!

These are my favorite. I say, "What's your last name?" Them, "Washington, W-A-S" Me interrupting, "I can spell it, I just can't read it."

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Most people would read about Marne's adventures in paradise and say "no way can those people so stupid." Unfortunately we all know the joys of working with the public and can say he is probably understating their idiocy. Too many people are out to prove Darwin was wrong.
We just had a seasonal driver talking this morning about how sick she is of hearing office workers ask if its cold enough outside.

I told her once you do this job long enough you learn how annoying and dumb the general public is.

Marne Vet

A few weeks ago a guy asked my helper if we also delivered Fedex packages. We both just stared at him for a second, and then I said "Yes, we do, except we use our own labels because we don't want to piss the FedEx guys off". You could literally see the look of belief in this guys eyes. Unbelievable.