Hey Fred, Take Ownership of the Debacle

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Isn't the plan to increase profit by pushing Express shippers over to Ground? It isn't revenue they are looking to increase as much as it is profit, which takes less revenue with Ground freight to produce more profit. Further savings are realized by not paying as much OT at Express. We are still a ways off from them having all components in place.

Yes, that's the biggest component, and it's happening. I was mainly referring to the "new and improved" Express. It seems to me that they will be hiring too many part-timers relative to the savings they hope to realize by reducing OT and implementing DRA. In other words, Freddy won't make his numbers.

If you talk to a dispatcher, DRA is totally effed-up, and causing chaos on the pickup side because DRA doesn't take those logistics into consideration. I've talked with several dispatchers who are ready to go postal because DRA is so illogically designed and implemented...at least so far.

vantexan

Yes, that's the biggest component, and it's happening. I was mainly referring to the "new and improved" Express. It seems to me that they will be hiring too many part-timers relative to the savings they hope to realize by reducing OT and implementing DRA. In other words, Freddy won't make his numbers.

If you talk to a dispatcher, DRA is totally effed-up, and causing chaos on the pickup side because DRA doesn't take those logistics into consideration. I've talked with several dispatchers who are ready to go postal because DRA is so illogically designed and implemented...at least so far.

I landed in the right place. We don't even have ROADS.