Hey old-timers

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I just walked in the house and saw a Fingerhut catalog in the mail. I thought they were long gone. Weren't they 111635?

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I don't know if they were 111635, but I sure remember finding a lot of "precious" Fingerhut genuine gold colored free prize jewlery in the package cars.

tracker2762

Remember when you could tell what part of the country a shipper was from by their shipper number. It went from lowest to highest. east to west. Not any more with all these x's, e's etc.

1080Driver

I'm pretty sure their shipper # was 170-513 & the return address was 11 McLeland Dr St Cloud , Mn..........only reason I remember it was because I delivered in Brooklyn in the early 90's & 75% of them went to the 7day room.

slantnosechevy

You are correct 1080Driver. Loved when fingerhut discovered all the things that could be made from pressed wood.

One of my old customers moved a filing cabinet the other day and it had a rate chart taped to the side of it from May 1,1982. Half of it had Common Carrier(ground for you young guys) and the other had Blue Label Air prices.(No NDA then) 1lb. pkg. zone 2 $1.25 ground. 1lb.pkg. zone A&B $2.77 air. COD's $1.50. Add Corr. $1.50. AOD's $0.26. Pkg. limit 50lbs. Max.size 108" length and girth. Max.value $5000.00......A 50lb. pkg. zone 2 $5.61 ground. Blue Label A&B was $50.34