Hey PTers -- Summer's Here and You Stink!

Justaname

With the weather heating up, I'd like to provide some friendly reminders to my fellow PT employees. With trailers heating up to a scorching 120 degrees in many locations...

-- Please ensure that you're wearing anti-perspirant. You stink. We can smell you. And AXE Body Spray is NOT an anti-perspirant. You know what's worse than working alongside somebody reeking of B.O.? Working alongside somebody reeking of B.O. and AXE Body Spray. You have no excuses. You can get a stick for a buck (Dollar Tree, 99c Only) and it'll last you all summer.

-- Please put on clean clothing at least every other day. I see guys dripping in sweat so badly they ring their shirts out... then wear them EVERY SINGLE DAY that week without washing them. The stench is so bad I feel like turning to nasal irrigation. You can get decent work clothing at Salvation Army & Goodwill for cheap when they run sales. Again, no excuses!!

-- And finally... PULL YOUR PANTS UP. You're not a rapper, you're not a gangsta, and nobody wants to see your big hairy butt crack. You do realize you primarily work around other dudes? Then again, wasn't the origin of "sagging" ...
​axe body spray, 60% of the time it works every time.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I wouldnt doubt I work as hard in a day you do all week. Come show me something drag-queen. Only a drag queen would call themselves a bagel... " eat me " .... wow!

:) It smells like as$ in here. Oh wait, that's just ORLY!?!

didyousheetit

you know if you're a driver and wear cologne, you have to rollup the short sleeves at least 2 times AND wear 1 size too small shorts. If you are going for the win then sporting a toothpick between your lips is required...;bonus points if your name is Rico, or Tommy
was that you watching me behind the bushes?

jaker

trolling
Keep hating on me guys, I love it. Dont my job for a week, I bet nearly 100% of you would be running for the hills. You mock the wrong god, sorry, I guess it happens, eh?

Hold on I am confused , are you saying everyone will be running because you stink or you are the best preloaded in the ups System and nobody else can do the job

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Hold on I am confused , are you saying everyone will be running because you stink or you are the best preloaded in the ups System and nobody else can do the job

It's because he smells like shame, old men & bull spit.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Individuals that sweat at work are most likely not following safe work methods... Bagels, as a seasoned part-timer it is your obligation to remind these individuals to "work safe". (Following the 8 keys to lifting and lowering) I believe this should help alleviate your problems at work....

Where do you live bro? June through August I'm sweating from walking through the parking lot to get into the building. When its 100 degrees outside with 90+ humidity you're sweating standing still in the shade. 3 hours loading feeders (the metal solar oven I work in) and I'm soaked to my knees in sweat. If you're not sweating you're dehydrated and facing heat exhaustion.

On the other hand, I don't feel like I'm even off of work until I get out of the shower. I wash my work clothes separate to keep the stink of UPS off my casual clothes. If you're not showering everyday thats just nasty.

HomeDelivery

I read the link to the other thread - and as a wife and mother of guys who work hard and who have been actively involved in several sports, let me give my experience in this "smelly" thing. It is possible that "body odor" is not the problem - if a person is using good hygiene.

If you have clothing that get wet with sweat and then is wadded up and thrown in the dirty clothes hamper you will have a problem with those clothes even after they are washed. When you wear them and then begin to sweat - there is an unbelievable odor that can emerge from your clothing - but people think it is body odor - even with proper hygiene. If the clothing is white, I use bleach - if it isn't white - I always use vinegar in the wash with arm & hammer liquid laundry detergent. Once that smell gets into clothing, and it goes through the dryer - it is "set". It may take several washings with vinegar to get that smell out - but eventually it will come out. Then continue to use vinegar in each load.

i learned something from browncafe.com tonight... white vinegar in the wash ~ Thanks!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I havnet had a complaint for years now. I really think someone was messing with me. As for buidling manager at the time, I believe she was pissed of at what was going on at the time and taking it out on some random person.

These places of work can be hell at times. Theres so much going on and things are done and said to people that really ruin the fun or enjoyment the job brings. It's like they draw a name out of the hat and press foreword on the harassment, no matter if they are right or wrong.

There are many people I have come across that smell bad during the job, and it doesnt bother me. I know, the heat and humidity can wear off anyones spary on or underarm stick in no time. Theres people who take a shower just before work here, and two hours later smell of sweat and frustration. I know, I load drivers cars for a living. I can smell a drivers day as I enter the car. The sweat, the hardship and over all frustration hits home on those few selected days.

As for the union pile of crap being pushed on me. Ok guys, we get it, you're awesome. I would like to point out that you union guys push more PT, and thusly the future of UPS, out the door with these garbage dues you push on people. Its not about people, its all about money, and that to me smells worse then anything I've come across.

UPS Lifer

Want to smell something bad? Work in a UPS trailer located in a hub near the stock yards or slaughter houses. Believe me, you won't be complaining about the employee who smells because you won't be able to smell him. Just saying.....

vowl

up late
I'm a truck loader, and Thursday I had an empty truck that smelled like stinky ass. Made my night worse. All I can say is wear clean clothes, and bathe on occasion........Please.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I'm a truck loader, and Thursday I had an empty truck that smelled like stinky ass. Made my night worse. All I can say is wear clean clothes, and bathe on occasion........Please.

Are you in Orlando with ORLY!?! perhaps? :)

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The guy next to me has smelled bad for years . I have gotten used to it. Sometimes we even rate it on the stink o meter scale of 1 to 10 and a really bad over the top BF of A's which the mods will not permit spelling out.Summer is coming o joy!!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
As a woman, i practice personal hygiene. As a loader, if you ain't sweating in june, you need to move faster. I can wear all the deodorant i want but by the end of my shift, i'm drenched in sweat and smell like a hot ass sandwich. And i'm not showering at 3am to go to work and get filthy, i'll do that afterwards. Walk thru a gaggle of drivers in the AM and you'll choke to death on the overuse of cologne, axe and fabric softener..and i'm sure they don't smell so hot at the end of their day either.

HubBub

I worked with a guy who wore the same shorts for months and never washed them. When I found out about this, I explained to him about crotch fungus. He started washing his shorts after that.