Hi...DENIED!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The centers in our local are having every grievance presented denied. Stewards go to the CMs and right away it's just "denied!"

Our 9.5 grievances are all going to panel. All sup working grievances...panel.

Are you seeing that anywhere else?

Notretiredyet

The new language is being interpreted in many locals at state panels. Paying 9.5 at triple time on first grievance is something the union needs to address immediately to force the company to continue to reduce hours for many of us. Now we just need a few decisions in our favor, good luck brothers.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The centers in our local are having every grievance presented denied. Stewards go to the CMs and right away it's just "denied!"

they tried that back in May,and our BA had us file file file even more . The resulting backlog pissed off the reps at panel and that little bit of mischief stopped dead in its tracks

Nope they don't want none of the business agent in my local. They like to settle it. What a difference a strong local with guys that have been in there for many many terms makes.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
they tried that back in May,and our BA had us file file file even more . The resulting backlog pissed off the reps at panel and that little bit of mischief stopped dead in its tracks
Yep, sending grievances to panel that are easy wins for members is waste of everyone's time. Matt H. knows how to do it, he just needs active members to back him up so he can back us up, we're all in this together.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
this has been going on nationwide for the last couple years. our BA says file file file. the grievances have to be heard eventually. ( and usually we win )

the co. has been having to pay out grievance money from a year or longer ago here. ups is betting that we wont follow thru but after they start having to pay a lot money they will changes tactics: albeit slowly as usual.

where you are right..... you're right.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Yep, ours are all going to the panels too. No questions asked, they are in the wrong grievances, being sent down the line. All it does is makes me sharpen my grievance pen, check the ink, get a box of forms, and start writing.

What sucks, is our panels could put a stop to it if they played hardball, but our panel won't do it.

tourists24

Most areas don't want those grievances making past local levels anymore.... I guess the company is picking weak areas to test the new language and committee waters

raceanoncr

Been that way for quite a few yrs here. center manager told me they were instructed by muckity mucks that all are automatically locally denied. One reason:

Locals and company combined panel hearings at diff locations, most 200 miles away, preventing most grievees from attending. Those that DID attend saw their greiv held over or delayed or some tactic that they had to return for. Would YOU return? Some have even had terminations at panel but didn't go because it was too far! COMPANY WINS! Isn't your JOB important enough to travel 200 miles to keep it? Guess not.