Hi folks

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by PhillyAnt, Jan 20, 2008.

1. PhillyAnt

PhillyAnt New Member

Just found this site a few weeks ago and finally decided to join. Ive been with UPS for a few years. I am a part time sup on the ramp in philly. I am hoping to become a driver this year. Am I crazy? Anyway, this seems like a decent board with lots of useful info. Thanks for having me!
  2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Welcome! We hope you enjoy being had.

Did that come out wrong? Darn!
  3. rod

rod retired and happy

It's a tough crowd sometimes- at least some of them "try":happy2: to come off that way
  4. brownrodster

brownrodster New Member

Good luck with driving. It's a hard job.
  5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Brown Cafe. This can be a tough crowd sometimes, I hope you hang in here. Good luck on driving, its what you make it to be.
  6. Tony31yrs

Tony31yrs New Member

It's a tough job with good pay, benefits and pension but at least you would have the union to fight for you if there was a problem. If you are in management, you have no one to stand up for you. You have to basically give up your life Monday-Friday, but you would have to do that as a supe too. Plus, where else can you retire after 30 ysr? I took driving after college because there were no teaching jobs in my area and I retired at 50! I couldn't have gotten out of teaching until 55 although my body wouldn't have taken the same beating.
  7. Lobofan5

Lobofan5 New Member

The jump from supervision to driving is a hard one to get.

Good luck.. I know part time sups that have been trying to get on driving for 5-10 YEARS with no luck.

Its been done before..so never say never I suppose.
  8. wily_old_vet

wily_old_vet New Member

More More More-Coming on to the new young guys again. You're breaking 9.5's heart.:laughing:
  9. Mapp

Mapp Choo Choo

Please, Fix your misloads.