Hi Guys! It's the Coke man!

FilingBluesFL

I was thinking that too....how much does a case of coke weigh?? lol

Especially an over-loaded hand cart/dolly full of them that I usually see are on the verge of tipping over lol

I ALWAYS hold the door open for one of these guys, I feel bad for 'em when I'm just walking in to a convenience store with a small bag of Lotto and they're suffering with that whole cart full of carbonated crap lol

oldngray

nowhere special
Especially an over-loaded hand cart/dolly full of them that I usually see are on the verge of tipping over lol

I ALWAYS hold the door open for one of these guys, I feel bad for 'em when I'm just walking in to a convenience store with a small bag of Lotto and they're suffering with that whole cart full of carbonated crap lol

Do you hold the door for the beer guy hoping he might drop something?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Coke Man - How many years hauling?
Is your facility a bottling operation?

Are you commission off the truck with your own route or do you deliver after salesman writes order?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Hi guys!

I don't work for UPS.I work for Coca Cola as a delivery driver.UPS and Coke are two different companies,BUT the jobs are very similar.

I'm new here and just wanted to say Hi,and that reading some of the post of things that happens at UPS causes me to feel good that I don't have it as bad working as a Coke driver than a UPS driver.

thumbs-up-matt-leblanc.gif

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Hi guys!
I'm new here and just wanted to say Hi,and that reading some of the post of things that happens at UPS causes me to feel good that I don't have it as bad working as a Coke driver than a UPS driver.

We've actually got it exceedingly good. A top-rate driver makes right around $90k annually, throw in full bennies, complete union protection, and a good blue collar job and it ain't half bad. But no matter how good it is, people still like to bitch, it's human. I'm not even a driver, not even full time and UPS is paying for me to finish my associate's degree.

Coca Cola Delivery Man87

Is it true that if you are caught with a Pepsi at work they can terminate you for it?

Yes,because its AT WILL EMPLOYMENT...not contract/union like UPS.
However,the job that I do is a delivery driver and the job is VERY PHYSICAL like UPS.
UPS just delivers packages and get a signature.Coke you must deliver the product(sometimes 100+ cases),check it in,THEN stock it up.The turnover rate at times is HIGH.

Coca Cola Delivery Man87

Coke Man - How many years hauling?
Is your facility a bottling operation?

Are you commission off the truck with your own route or do you deliver after salesman writes order?

1)-6yrs
2)-Our Facility was a bottling facility(but the production line was done away with so product could just be delivered through "Red Transport".
3)-Base and Commission & deliver AFTER salesman(presell account manager) does the ordering.

Yes,because its AT WILL EMPLOYMENT...not contract/union like UPS.
However,the job that I do is a delivery driver and the job is VERY PHYSICAL like UPS.
UPS just delivers packages and get a signature.Coke you must deliver the product(sometimes 100+ cases),check it in,THEN stock it up.The turnover rate at times is HIGH.
So you guys aren't union? I like that you have chosen to join this forum. I hope you are treated well here and stick around a while. I think you can offer a different perspective.

Coca Cola Delivery Man87

So you guys aren't union? I like that you have chosen to join this forum. I hope you are treated well here and stick around a while. I think you can offer a different perspective.

No(at least not in the state I live - it may be different in other areas).It's hard to find someone that can do this job so if you're a driver you wont get fired easily(unless you steal,assault,etc - things that deserves a firing).

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I was thinking that too....how much does a case of coke weigh?? lol
Back in the day, 16oz RT weighed 69#.
Place that on a hand truck and bounce that down a flight of stairs.

Soft drink delivery drivers work hard and nothing is easy.

Pepsi and Coke deliver DSD (Direct to Store) and they are required to maintain the shelf. (Clean, rotate stock, face and keep the vultures from stealing space).

Bigger box stores may receive a pallet drop or the route driver may have a few days with a box truck to deliver skids and a merchandiser to assist filling shelves and building displays. Usually the guys with seniority get to bid on the cherry routes.

Stores in general hate back stock and some require constant fill off the truck. It is the soft drink driver who fills the shelf because to the store, the DSD driver is free labor...why pay a stock person to fill when you have free labor for fighting for shelve space.

Last edited:

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
1)-6yrs
2)-Our Facility was a bottling facility(but the production line was done away with so product could just be delivered through "Red Transport".
3)-Base and Commission & deliver AFTER salesman(presell account manager) does the ordering.
What allied brands are in your facilities profile?

What glass are you handling?
Are you one of the facilities delivering Monster Energy?
How about Peace Tea?

Are you owned by CCE?