Hi, I'm Laurele from NJ

laurele

I am a writer, actress, and activist and a proud non-conformist. I have spent nearly three years actively fighting the controversial demotion of Pluto and plan to write a book on the subject as well.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I am a writer, actress, and activist and a proud non-conformist. I have spent nearly three years actively fighting the controversial demotion of Pluto and plan to write a book on the subject as well.
Are you also a UPS'er, or just a traveler who has found a nice spot to stop awhile and kick up your feet? Welcome to the Brown Cafe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Need I remind you of the fruitless battles Don Quixote waged against the windmills?

over9five

Staff member
Welcome Laurele!

Long live the PLANET Pluto!!! If you need any help in your mission, well, don't call me.....but good luck anyhow!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Since Goofy & Pluto are both dogs............why doesn't Pluto wear clothes too???? OR....why doesn't Goofy go naked?:happy-very:

raceanoncr

What would probably help the cause is if you helped Pluto write a grievance.

P

pickup

I'm with you laurele, I too have been upset about the demotion of Pluto for based on pluto being called a planet, I was planning to have my body shipped into outerspace upon my death and having it put in orbit around the sun, thus making my body a planet alas with pluto no longer making the cut, my plan is no longer valid

You may also have been used to pluto being known as the farthest planet from the star under the old system, but did you know that part of pluto's orbit puts it at times (for years at a time) closer to the sun than neptune. I remember in the 70s, this was the case and used to drive my science teachers crazy by putting pluto ahead of neptune and then arguing with them when they marked or called my answer wrong.

Perhaps this video will help you see that pluto wasn't first planet that got stugged (stugged is a registered trademark at browncafe which is used to refer to a condition that occurs to a person when he is no longer considered something he once was and suffers greatly in the degradation process)