Hi my name is Mario

Don Mario

I have quick ? My full time sup. Always targeting me with DOK I pass the first time but I miss 4 questions last time. And he wants to test me tonigt he gave me warning he expect me to get 100○/● can he suspend me for that if I don't score a 100?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Don Mario

Thank u! Guys for ur help am new in the forum. But he previously suspend me for call in 2 days in row but my wife was sick. And he told me to be at work my wife don't work for ups I do. So he gave me a 1 day suspenssion. So he be targeting me a lot mean while the new guys that r sortet don't even come in he don't dicipline them at all. When I told my shop steward he said we here to dicipline Mario Umana no other sorters.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He's probably one of those guys who takes 12 weeks of FMLA when his wife has a baby.
If I can afford it I will. Not for me but to help my wife after she goes back to work. I'd rather not have the person putting me to sleep in surgery to be doing it on no sleep and I would rather not drive around all day on no sleep.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They test me last week friday. And he wants to test me tonight again am like wtf??

Sent using BrownCafe App
I know drivers have way more DOK stuff to know than preloaders. They cram DOK down our throats at least a few times a month...sometimes once a week. Just memorize it...the quicker you can rattle it off, the faster they'll leave you alone and let you work in peace.

kingOFchester

There is nothing in the contract that requires any of the union members to know the DOK. If they want to ask DOK, do it on the clock and do the best you can. If they want you to start early to do the DOK, schedule it for a future date. Need 24hour notice to change start time.

Do your best. If you don't know it, tell them that you have not been given time to memorize it. Worse case scenario, you will be in a room studying it for 8 hours FT/ 3.5 hours PT.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
He's probably one of those guys who takes 12 weeks of FMLA when his wife has a baby.

If you're allotted that much time, and you can afford it, why the hell wouldn't you try to spend as much time with your newborn baby as physically possible?

My wife is due in about 3 1/2 months, and I'm trying to save up a nice bit of cash so that once she delivers, I can take off as long as possible. If I could sell crack on the side and make what I do @ UPS, I would, and I'd stay out all 12 weeks

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thank u! Guys for ur help am new in the forum. But he previously suspend me for call in 2 days in row but my wife was sick. And he told me to be at work my wife don't work for ups I do. So he gave me a 1 day suspenssion. So he be targeting me a lot mean while the new guys that r sortet don't even come in he don't dicipline them at all. When I told my shop steward he said we here to dicipline Mario Umana no other sorters.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Did you get written up for attendance previosly before they suspended you? And why would you post your full name on an internet forum?

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

Sent using BrownCafe App

Next time you call in just tell them your booking off or won't be in. It's none of there business why your not there unless you miss more than 3 days in a row then you will need a Dr's note. When you call in you get a 3 for 1 mean you can take 3 days off for and only call in once.

When you call in/ book off make sure it's at least 1 hr before your shift and then you book back on make sure it's at least 1 hr before your shift...

As to the Safety dribble they asking you do your best don't sweat it. If they want to write you up make sure a steward is there and tell them your will be filing a grievance for harassment then ask your steward and Sup for the grievance form. If your steward starts to give you a hard time ask him/ her for your BA agents number and call them after your shift or first thing the next day.

Stand up for your rights. and know your rights (read you contract especially your local supplement portion ) Once your Sup knows you know your rights they will find another person to harass....

As always work as instructed then file a grievance later.... Unless you are told to do something that not safe and not standard procedure....

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you're allotted that much time, and you can afford it, why the hell wouldn't you try to spend as much time with your newborn baby as physically possible?

My wife is due in about 3 1/2 months, and I'm trying to save up a nice bit of cash so that once she delivers, I can take off as long as possible. If I could sell crack on the side and make what I do @ UPS, I would, and I'd stay out all 12 weeks
A newborn baby sleeps 23 hours a day. I'm sure at his graduation speech he will thank you for those 12 weeks. I took 2 weeks off when my twins were born and remodeled a room in the basement. Guys tend to get in the way of women and children.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A newborn baby sleeps 23 hours a day. I'm sure at his graduation speech he will thank you for those 12 weeks. I took 2 weeks off when my twins were born and remodeled a room in the basement. Guys tend to get in the way of women and children.
This is why my plan is let her have the first two months with the kid. Then when she's ready to go back to work I will take all of my vacation and another month maybe 2 of FMLA. Unless the kid is born during peak then its all FMLA. Lol