Highway cop

TheKingOfQueens

So I was making air deliveries today ( Driving speed limit by the way) and I noticed a highway cop point his radar gun at my truck to clock me ( basically screw me) He was clocking the highway cars ,saw me coming on the service road and pointed it at me like it was his mission. I've gotten let go of many minor tickets ( tints ) just by having my ups hat in my personal vehicle or by having my uniform on . Most cops are supportive of us UPS guys . Just found it odd the cop was trying to get a UPS guy . Pretty messed up. Didn't get pulled over . Have any of you been pulled over in you're trucks? Have a good weekend my fellow UPS brothas!!!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If you've been driving for any period of time you know the big brown trucks always appear to be going faster than they are because they are larger than the other vehicles on the road.

Sent using BrownCafe App

over9five

Staff member
Have any of you been pulled over in you're trucks? Have a good weekend my fellow UPS brothas!!!

Yup, and I won't tell a lie. I was speeding. I was on a road beside a highway, and the cop said I was keeping up with the highway traffic!
And didn't the damn Fedex guy go by me while I was pulled over. Had to hear about it from every customer on my route!
25 years ago, I was young and stupid. Didn't get a ticket, tho!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Many minor tickets? Are you sure you should be a driver?

And yes, 55 in a 35 once when I still cared about getting air off in time.

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to get pulled over every week by a certain Highway Patrolman. He was looking for golf equipment that he was always ordering.

TheKingOfQueens

Many minor tickets? Are you sure you should be a driver?

And yes, 55 in a 35 once when I still cared about getting air off in time.

Get pulled over for tints alot. When they see I'm a ups guy ..... " have a nice day". No speeding violations :).

Last edited:

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
If you've been driving for any period of time you know the big brown trucks always appear to be going faster than they are because they are larger than the other vehicles on the road.

Sent using BrownCafe App

This. I had a soccer mom read me the riot act once for "speeding through her neighborhood".

I was doing approximately 25, but was in 2nd gear the entire time so the engine was screaming.

She earned a snarky reply from yours truly to which she had no answer for and she quickly left.

Friggin people.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This. I had a soccer mom read me the riot act once for "speeding through her neighborhood".

I was doing approximately 25, but was in 2nd gear the entire time so the engine was screaming.

She earned a snarky reply from yours truly to which she had no answer for and she quickly left.

Friggin people.

I had some bitch yell at me the other day for the same thing. In the past I may have stopped and said something but now I let Telematics do my talking for me.

Resident know-it-all.

TheKingOfQueens

I'm sorry----what are you babbling

Resident know-it-all.[/quote]

No ones babbling bud . Cops cut is some slack the majority of the time if they realize we're UPS is all I'm saying

oldngray

nowhere special

Friggin people.

I had a woman phone in a complain on me for speeding. She claimed I was doing 45 in a 15 mph zone. The speed limit was 25 there and it was a short street with a court at the end. With the tired old 800 I was driving there was no way I could have been doing over 20. That truck was loud and her kids were playing in the street, so instead of yelling at her kids or herself she blamed everyone else.

CHALLY9TX

Got pulled over for speeding on my way to work. Cop still have me a ticket. He was a bike cop too. Always have bad luck with bike cops. Only tickets I've ever received have been from bike cops.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver get pulled over for passing a stopped school bus on his way to work. He was pulled over for speeding in his pkg car by the same trooper later that day. Kept his job---lost it when he caused a 3 car pileup.

Resident know-it-all.

oldngray

nowhere special
We had a driver get pulled over for passing a stopped school bus on his way to work. He was pulled over for speeding in his pkg car by the same trooper later that day. Kept his job---lost it when he caused a 3 car pileup.

Resident know-it-all.

A school bus driver can just claim someone passed him and they are automatically assumed guilty. There was one on my route who would act like he owned the road and complain about everyone even if they had broken no laws.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yup, and I won't tell a lie. I was speeding. I was on a road beside a highway, and the cop said I was keeping up with the highway traffic!
And didn't the damn Fedex guy go by me while I was pulled over. Had to hear about it from every customer on my route!
25 years ago, I was young and stupid. Didn't get a ticket, tho!
Yep. Same situation. I got a ticket.