Hijacked UPS Truck

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Don't approach the suspect, call law enforcement in case the subject is armed, proceed to notify your management team of the situation when it's safe to do so.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I am somewhat possessive of my package car. I know, it belongs to UPS but I spend a good chunk of my day there. So when some jerk thinks it's cute to invade my space to get a self indulgent photo, I think I would loose my cool. How would that weenie like it if it sat with my feet on his desk to take a couple selfies. What a jerk.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The kid in the picture wasn't hurting anyone but definitely had no right being anywhere near the pkg car. A simple "get the :censored2: out of my truck" would have done the trick.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am somewhat possessive of my package car. I know, it belongs to UPS but I spend a good chunk of my day there. So when some jerk thinks it's cute to invade my space to get a self indulgent photo, I think I would loose my cool. How would that weenie like it if it sat with my feet on his desk to take a couple selfies. What a jerk.
You can come and put your feet up on my desk and take as many celfies as you like.
And my chair rotates too!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I wonder how long ago that happened. There aren't that many package cars with that classic fiberglass nose left. They are still around but rapidly being replaced. Kind of a shame because the look of those trucks just screamed UPS to people. Now UPS trucks look just like those of every other delivery company. Just browner.
Come to my center. There's lots of them.

rod

Retired 22 years
Maybe I'm just a little more mentally unstable than the rest the world. IDK, I had someone steal my cruiser once when I bailed to footchase a shooting suspect. I didn't know what pzzed me off more, having to rundown the shooter or not having a ride once I caught him.

ex law enforcement? Well that answers a lot of questions.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
I wonder how long ago that happened. There aren't that many package cars with that classic fiberglass nose left. They are still around but rapidly being replaced. Kind of a shame because the look of those trucks just screamed UPS to people. Now UPS trucks look just like those of every other delivery company. Just browner.[/QUOTE

Half of the cars in my building are like that one.

clean hairy

Almost presents the scenario of a kid getting in an older stick shift truck, popping the trans into neutral and disengaging the e-brake. All cause they think that would be fun!
Kick him out as if you were trying to make a 30 yard field goal!

SCV good to go sir.

My initial reaction would have been to tell the kid to gtfo. I think it'd be more amusing to call the cops though and watch how the cookie crumbles.

*Side note* That face that the kid is making is really aggravating.

rod

Retired 22 years
Your response was much better...let some :censored2:bag take your truck for a spin with thousands of dollars worth of other people's property and hope he returns it or better yet that he doesn't get in a wreck and kill someone. I'll take the assault charge which would most likely be knocked down or dismissed since I have no prior convictions and I was protecting the property of my employer.

I thought it was impossible to leave the truck running anymore when you're not in it.--am I wrong?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I thought it was impossible to leave the truck running anymore when you're not in it.--am I wrong?

Nope, you can still leave the truck running if you use keys or the fob. Just have to use the fob to open the bulkhead. Hell, in our center in the winter, 75% of the trucks run for a better part of the shift since a the heat almost never works.