Hired off the street

Overpaid Union Thug

Doubtful.
If you had worked inside "for peanuts" (as you called it) and finally had enough juice to go full-time YOU would definitely had been pissed if some cherry from out of nowhere, or pimple faced part-time sup, came in and was given the position that you had rightly earned and deserved. Especially if you had a family and were working two or three jobs as a part of you doing your part to support your family. Thats just human nature and you are no different.

trickpony1

Thats just human nature and you are no different.

Dave is different.
He is completely void of any/all emotion and has one mission.

Here he is before putting on his "humanoid" disguise:
The bottom picture.

upload_2016-7-16_10-28-35.png

Overpaid Union Thug

I think if an inside employee failed at driving, their next opportunity should be 6 months regardless. The company has been able to pass over too many inside employees by having 1 and 2 year wait times. The employee can obviously turn it down.
I would rather see UPS only hire off the street whenever they are unable to obtain someone from within from the part-time pool. That should be rare though.

minttoast

Now I've gone from nervous of my decision, to feeling like a dick for jumping on the opportunity. I didn't know any of this going in. I was told there's an opportunity and I jumped on it.

This should be interesting....

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Now I've gone from nervous of my decision, to feeling like a dick for jumping on the opportunity. I didn't know any of this going in. I was told there's an opportunity and I jumped on it.

This should be interesting....

Oh, it will be interesting , no doubt.
Let us know how it goes.