Hired off the street

Johney

no one is saying you guys don't earn your paycheck everyweek. we all do. just a little annoying how upstste doesnt see how lucky he is being able to skip that little decade of part time work in order to get there. but you know, I don't really care anymore.
I was hired off the street around the same time as Davey boy. I'll tell you this the wait time from p/t to friend/t was about a year. When I got hired 4 of us were hired off the street and all the p/ters who got their chance all bailed out in the first week. Myself and the others had worked that peak as peak hired drivers. The p/ters had worked for a year(or less) as loaders,ALL of them bailed out. The problem was after a few years they moved 4 centers into one building creating a bigger group wanting to drive and then there was a hiring freeze on drivers creating an even longer wait. Do I feel lucky? Kinda, but had any of the p/ters made it back then? A couple of the 4 would have been passed up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

yep.. Many who also had young families working 2 or 3 jobs...

Mmmmm....let's see.....my (ex) wife worked FT, I worked FT and our kids were 5 and 2.5 when I first started working here.

Oh, yeah, I also spent 8 years putting gas on planes.

It's been a long day, I'm tired so I will sum this up in two words----bite me.

wayfair

swollen member
Mmmmm....let's see.....my (ex) wife worked FT, I worked FT and our kids were 5 and 2.5 when I first started working here.

slacker

how long does it take to fuel a plane?

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Did you work a full 9 hours on the clock or 8 and 1 off?

That's rough. Real rough.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

God, I don't know how you did it!

Gear

Parts on Order
Now I've gone from nervous of my decision, to feeling like a dick for jumping on the opportunity. I didn't know any of this going in. I was told there's an opportunity and I jumped on it.

This should be interesting....

You'll be fine, erase everything you read from this site from your mind. Every UPS hub or center is different. You filled a position that needed filled, you didnt jump infront of anyone. We are working under a union contract which we vote for, the company didnt sneak you in. You got the job fair and square, good luck. If you work in a Right to Work State, go union and pay your dues.