Hired On After Peak

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by I<3Logistics, Mar 1, 2011.

1. I<3Logistics

I<3Logistics New Member

hey everyone. Just got hired on. i was a helper during this last peak and was offered the position after weeks of waiting.
    Glad to be a teamster.
    -I <3Logistics

P.S. any word of advice for preload?
  2. TechGrrl

TechGrrl Space Cadet

Get a good alarm clock....
  3. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

... make sure it is really loud so you will never sleep through it, and put the alarm clock on the other side of the room.

Based on my own personal experience; your experience may vary depending on your management team, center location, etc.

Think long and hard about where you want to go; if you want to do preload for the next decade or so, there is no incentive to work harder then every other person because you will never receive a pay increase (or other bonus) as a result of putting brown boxes in brown trucks faster than others.

If you want to be a PT supervisor, work harder then everyone else, put in your letter, and largely due to the fact that few others want the job, it shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Others, with longer work histories then myself (admittedly, which is not very long thus far - around six months), can maybe tell you where I'm wrong or give other (read: better) advice.