Hiring a small female for package handler

I scheduled an appointment for the tour/interview. I am 5'1" and 115lbs. I know the job is fast paced and physical, but I believe I have the endurance and am very able to withstand the conditions. I'm just afraid they won't send me through because they may have one look at my height and frame and too quickly judge. Does anyone have experience with the hiring of package handlers?
Can you post a pic of yourself for us to see? If you look like I imagine you do some manager will try and marry you really really quick so I'm betting your size won't matter a bit. They will like you.

iruhnman630

2 of the drivers in my center are your size. And they both handle industrial routes.

3 of the best loaders I deal with are woman your size.

Funny story: one of them worked as a helper with me one day. With a stop on the drivers side of the road, I grabbed 2 boxes and had her carry a 3rd big, light, flat box. When I looked over my shoulder, all I could see was package floating across the road.

This 5 foot nothing 110 pound army girl outworks 90% of the guys that work there. You have just as good a chance as anybody.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That's why it's in the contract that one can seek union help in moving said 150 boxes.

And for the OP, just go in and do your best. I knew a lady back in PC that was about your size and she had an industrial route and even ran it through two trimesters of preg . These big tough guys on here are probably weaker pound for pound than you are so don't worry about what they say.
I have experienced the little men and women do just fine, amybe better, unless you are a wimp, and that has nothing to do with stature. I am 5'11, strong as an ox, and occasionally I need to get help, or I will call and come back later. It took me and a big strong guy to get a gazebo out of my truck today. It had to be over 150, it was marked 149, how convenient.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I scheduled an appointment for the tour/interview. I am 5'1" and 115lbs. I know the job is fast paced and physical, but I believe I have the endurance and am very able to withstand the conditions. I'm just afraid they won't send me through because they may have one look at my height and frame and too quickly judge. Does anyone have experience with the hiring of package handlers?

My loader is 4'11" and weighs all of maybe 95lbs. She can toss overweight packages around like it's nobody's business. You have the positive attitude we need more of around here. You'll do great, stick with it and maybe you will get a driving job where you can really shine!

Z

ZQXC

I have experienced the little men and women do just fine, amybe better, unless you are a wimp, and that has nothing to do with stature. I am 5'11, strong as an ox, and occasionally I need to get help, or I will call and come back later. It took me and a big strong guy to get a gazebo out of my truck today. It had to be over 150, it was marked 149, how convenient.

Remember, for years they would write 69 in that little ink stamped box for the weight. 69 my a**.

Joeegrant

My boyfriend got an appointment at the exact same time I did. We're going in pretending we're not together, but obviously will be a teeny bit friendly with each other. Thoughts?