Hiring on as a Package Delivery Driver ?'s

Capnrock

Does or have in the past UPS hired new drivers to fill a fulltime package delivery driver? I have read alot on here about the waiting list, so I was just wondering. I also understand(now) that it is different depending on the location. My nearest UPS facility(not sure what to call it) is in a small town in Missouri about the 1500-2000 population size, I imagine. I am not sure how many routes a facility like this would have or employees that could potentially be on this "waiting list". I made mention of my area in hopes of some more insight to a rural delivery area and ideas. I am not talking about a large city, like KC, although the Lenexa facility/hub, delivers to my local facility. One more thing, can a potential applicant apply with his/her local facility or must it be done online? Thank you

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, the company does hire drivers off the street, but they are usually not as qualifed as the applicants from the inside and generally don't have an appreciation of how hard those on the inside work or that they put their time in while you waltz in and get a driving job ahead of them.

anonymous4

I never said you weren't as qualified. A lack of appreciation for what they go through, perhaps. You made it though so it was earned back on your part.

anonymous4

Then have a moderator ban me again. You walk the line and make this place miserable for many. Your mere presence breaks my "TOS". If you were my husband, I'd divorce you. My opinion doesn't mean squat, so don't be so hurt. I have not the slightest clue nor desire to know what your personal life is or isn't, it was a shot in the dark at an online persona I see as a nuisance. Crybaby.

anonymous4

If I bore you move along. I love having my online persona chew out your online persona. My online persona isn't going to have a little cry if you throw a personal insult at me as if we know each other in real life to begin with.