Hiring on as a Package Delivery Driver ?'s

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by Capnrock, May 3, 2012.

1. Capnrock

Capnrock New Member

Does or have in the past UPS hired new drivers to fill a fulltime package delivery driver? I have read alot on here about the waiting list, so I was just wondering. I also understand(now) that it is different depending on the location. My nearest UPS facility(not sure what to call it) is in a small town in Missouri about the 1500-2000 population size, I imagine. I am not sure how many routes a facility like this would have or employees that could potentially be on this "waiting list". I made mention of my area in hopes of some more insight to a rural delivery area and ideas. I am not talking about a large city, like KC, although the Lenexa facility/hub, delivers to my local facility. One more thing, can a potential applicant apply with his/her local facility or must it be done online? Thank you

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Yes, the company does hire drivers off the street, but they are usually not as qualifed as the applicants from the inside and generally don't have an appreciation of how hard those on the inside work or that they put their time in while you waltz in and get a driving job ahead of them.

3. Capnrock

Capnrock New Member

Fair enough.

4. Capnrock

Capnrock New Member

Should I apply in person, or online? Online just seems so....overated to me. Feels like you get lossed in the system.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

I would use a rotary telephone.

6. anonymous4

anonymous4 Active Member

I never said you weren't as qualified. A lack of appreciation for what they go through, perhaps. You made it though so it was earned back on your part.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

The response wasn't for you as, quite frankly, your opinion doesn't mean squat.

8. Capnrock

Capnrock New Member

Can I borrow yours? Haha
    Seriously does anyone know if its better to apply in person or online?

9. UpstateNYUPSer

Online. ups jobs.com

10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Yours only matters in your own mind. I see you are back to being a Richard (dick) again. Good job Nancy

11. brownrod

brownrod Active Member

Online is the only way you can apply. Don't count on your location actually needing anyone.

12. anonymous4

anonymous4 Active Member

I am going to go out on a limb and say your wife left you a long, long time ago Upstate.

13. anonymous4

anonymous4 Active Member

And to respond to your neg rep Upstate, my opinion doesn't matter remember?

14. UpstateNYUPSer

You can say whatever you want about me as a member of this forum but the TOS require that you refrain from comments of a personal nature.

15. anonymous4

anonymous4 Active Member

Then have a moderator ban me again. You walk the line and make this place miserable for many. Your mere presence breaks my "TOS". If you were my husband, I'd divorce you. My opinion doesn't mean squat, so don't be so hurt. I have not the slightest clue nor desire to know what your personal life is or isn't, it was a shot in the dark at an online persona I see as a nuisance. Crybaby.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

17. anonymous4

anonymous4 Active Member

If I bore you move along. I love having my online persona chew out your online persona. My online persona isn't going to have a little cry if you throw a personal insult at me as if we know each other in real life to begin with.

18. Capnrock

Capnrock New Member

What can brown(cafe) do for you........lol

19. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

The tiger cannot change its stripes.