hitting a dog

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Toon, I would be documenting every little thing about your day at ups from now on. Keep a notebook. Everything. Dispatch numbers, conversations, times and dates, who was present. Even the smallest non thing can become a thing. Just a thought as I'm sure you're aware that they probably have a huge target on your back.

I'd also demand a public apology from the center manager at PCM. I'd push your BA for that.

That is where you need to draw the line so you get some leverage and respect back. It sounds like this was emotional for you and I get that but I'd get your skin thick as it looks like your center manager is manipulating your emotions and seeing it as a weakness.

Turn it around on him to show it isn't.

Wilson

Don't apologize to me. Sometimes you need to pick your battles. We do not jump on others,who the company throws under the bus.

Obviously I'm not the only one reading this thread so don't pat yourself on your back for an apology not meant for you. The company throws employees under the bus in the interest of their business as a matter of course. Unless of course you believe they would throw themselves under the bus for a hourly and replaceable employee first. I have seen and even experienced the same thing that happened to Toon and sympathise with the emotions of betrayal by UPS. But, thing are what they are at UPS and they will 100% of the time choose themselves and their image every single time. I, you, and the rest of the brown army are expendable. That's all I've been saying and I think it needed to be said to help get the issue for her to a better position going forward. Because forward is the only path left to choose from.

I have found when dealing with politics, people, and conflict that dealing with what can't be changed logjams and isolates people in organizations. Finding common ground through reconciliation, acquiescence, and time helps more than pounding sand over issues that people in positions of authority have no choice but to follow. I know this sound metaphysical but I do belive everything in life happens for a reason and that the forces of life and existence seek balance. What we lose sometimes is but a prelude to a greater gain. And maybe, its just a bad break, and, well, lifes full of those.

Last edited:
Obviously I'm not the only one reading this thread so don't pat yourself on your back for an apology not meant for you. The company throws employees under the bus in the interest of their business as a matter of course. Unless of course you believe they would throw themselves under the bus for a hourly and replaceable employee first. I have seen and even experienced the same thing that happened to Toon and the sympathise with the emotions of betrayal by UPS. But, thing are what they are at UPS and they will 100% of the time choose themselves and their image every single time. I, you, and the rest of the brown army are expendable. That's all I've been saying and I think it needed to be said to help get the issue for her to a better position going forward. Because forward is the only path left to choose from.

I have found when dealing with politics, people, and conflict that dealing with what can't be changed logjams and isolates people in organizations. Finding common ground through reconciliation, acquiescence, and time helps more than pounding sand over issues that people in positions of authority have no choice but to follow. I know this sound metaphysical but I do belive everything in life happens for a reason and that the forces of life and existence seek balance. What we lose sometimes is but a prelude to a greater gain. And maybe, its just a bad break nd, well, is life full of those.
No reply.

trickpony1

Unless the individual or company suffers a loss, monetary or future monetary gain, than their are no damages. A plaintiff has to, read carefully, prove they have or will likely suffer a loss because of the accusations or remarks. Defamation, liable, and slander are very very hard to prove and harder still to be compensated for.

I don't know where you got your law degree but it would seem to a reasonable individual that the BA has solid, hardcopy proof of damage done to Tooner in the form of the warning letter.

Also, whatever the center manager espoused at the PCM, directed at Tooner, regarding the incident would be considered what?........

Wilson

I don't know where you got your law degree but it would seem to a reasonable individual that the BA has solid, hardcopy proof of damage done to Tooner in the form of the warning letter.

Also, whatever the center manager espoused at the PCM, directed at Tooner, regarding the incident would be considered what?........

Does it matter? The company has decided to charge Toon. I've rolled over dogs and never had blood or guts to show for it. Its all been internal injuries. But, I'm also not saying Toon is guilty either. The company has decided and their message to other driver is as always, caution. They see everything not as an individual incident but a policy initiative. You have to understand each parties perspective. UPS isn't just focusing on a singular incident its overlaying it with a broader message. And that really sux's if your the microbe under the microscope. I mean, how long do you have to work for UPS to know that, in the end, your going to be blamed for everything. That's the job. Ya know!

Now get get into that driver seat and do what got-ta-do. Its all part of the territory you work in.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Does it matter? The company has decided to charge Toon. I've rolled over dogs and never had blood or guts to show for it. Its all been internal injuries. But, I'm also not saying Toon is guilty either. The company has decided and their message to other driver is as always, caution. They see everything not as an individual incident but a policy initiative. You have to understand each parties perspective. UPS isn't just focusing on a singular incident its overlaying it with a broader message. And that really sux's if your the microbe under the microscope. I mean, how long do you have to work for UPS to know that, in the end, your going to be blamed for everything. That's the job. Ya know!

Now get get into that driver seat and do what got-ta-do. Its all part of the territory you work in.
so since you apparently know the answers...if I got no letter, am I still charged?

Wilson

so since you apparently know the answers...if I got no letter, am I still charged?

Better check/review your Pittsburg. I have reviewed mine in 5 year intervals and found warning letters, letters of concern, and a litany of disparaging comments I never saw or heard when they allegedly occurred. AKA stuffing your file.

:notalone:

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I wonder what would happen if the various enforcement agencies discovered there was a concerted effort by the company to cull the herd of older, slower drivers in favor of, coincidentally, younger drivers making 30% less and only 1-2 weeks vacation instead of six?

I wonder a lot........

Wonder no more, my good man....it's called feeders.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Better check/review your Pittsburg. I have reviewed mine in 5 year intervals and found warning letters, letters of concern, and a litany of disparaging comments I never saw or heard when they allegedly occurred. AKA stuffing your file.

:notalone:
OMG say it isnt true.

Dracula

So she can have a chance at hitting deer at 60 mph. Better stick to dogs.

Nah, you barely feel those deer. You see 'em, it startles you a little, there's a boom and you pull over. End of story. You'd be surprised how often it happens. We have signs in the feeder department that say: Don't swerve for deer.

Wilson

I remember my first trip to the joint panel. They fired me three time (three separate termination letters) on this one occasion. My BA laugh and said, are you three people? Well, during the preamble they read off my disciplinary file. Whooo Nelly! You'd think I was public enemy #1. The arbitrator look at me lowering her glasses down her nose and said is this real? I said I'm hearing all this for the first time today. UPS never let me have, gave, or provided all the files I ask for. They came in with a hand truck stacked with milk crates full of files I'd never seen. All that and they still lost...hahhahhahaha! Stupid Fkers!

Man, I got stories of the ins and outs of this company, union, and the things we call justice under the contract that would make the Onion web sit look serious.

Last edited:

Dracula

I have not got a letter from ANYONE

Oh for Christ's sake Tooner, will you go grab the damn letter and drive it to New York so this man can have his satisfaction. He's obviously writing a book. He's not going to harass anyone else until he solves your case for management.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I remember my first trip to the joint panel. They fired me three time (three separate termination letters) on this one occasion. My BA laugh and said, are you three people? Well, during the preamble they read off my disciplinary file. Whooo Nelly! You'd think I was public enemy #1. The arbitrator look at me lowering her glasses down her nose and said is this real? I said I'm hearing all this for the first time today. UPS never let me have, gave, or provided all the files I ask for. They came in with a hand truck stacked with milk crates full of files I'd never seen. All that and they still lost...hahhahhahaha! Stupid Fkers!

Man, I got stories of the ins and outs of this company, union, and the things we call justice under the contract that would make the Onion web sit look serious.
I have 31 years, I doubt anything I have done would fill a quarter gallon of a milk crate. you got me. but kudos to you