hitting a dog

10 point

The sad part is that the management should have our backs no matter what.

They should be the ones dealing with the customer in a situation like this and they should be the most visible force here.
Not the employee they sent to that area to deliver their solicited freight.

After the situation was deemed "at risk" the same employee should never be sent back there. Ever.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The sad part is that the management should have our backs no matter what.

They should be the ones dealing with the customer in a situation like this and they should be the most visible force here.
Not the employee they sent to that area to deliver their solicited freight.

After the situation was deemed "at risk" the same employee should never be sent back there. Ever.
That is the way it used to be, even if the employee "was" at fault. We are still UPS property, during our work hours.
But now its throw everyone under the bus.
"Houston, we have a problem"

10 point

Isn't it odd how alone you feel when a management person degrades an employee for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and has to endure a bad situation that isn't their fault?
There's nothing positive in that. No support, no encouragement, and no unity that says "you are a great 31 yr employee and we're going to support you because we believe in your integrity".

So you feel this:
"Screw you and your backstabbing, pompous lies that you always try to use to convict an innocent employee".
Then the animosity sets in and the legal wagons are circled.
There's nothing healthy about this management model. They never get it because they're never wrong. Until they are.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Isn't it odd how alone you feel when a management person degrades an employee for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and has to endure a bad situation that isn't their fault?
There's nothing positive in that. No support, no encouragement, and no unity that says "you are a great 31 yr employee and we're going to support you because we believe in your integrity".

So you feel this:
"Screw you and your backstabbing, pompous lies that you always try to use to convict an innocent employee".
There's nothing healthy about this management model. They never get it because they're never wrong. Until they are.
And they are. And they are. And you take an exemplary employee and now you are dog :censored2:. Employee incidents, accidents, complaints, followups, attendance, firings, hell it dont matter. All of a sudden you, too, can be the problem child. I have never been a problem child, took me 57 yrs to get here, 31 of them spent at UPS, HMM wonder why they didnt fire me a long....time ...ago.

10 point

They aren't all like this but in this situation it seems like this is the typical default response.

Hold your head up and keep trucking for you, your family, and your coworkers.

oldandcrabby

So you feel this:
You are absolutely 110 percent right.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
And they are. And they are. And you take an exemplary employee and now you are dog :censored2:. Employee incidents, accidents, complaints, followups, attendance, firings, hell it dont matter. All of a sudden you, too, can be the problem child. I have never been a problem child, took me 57 yrs to get here, 31 of them spent at UPS, HMM wonder why they didnt fire me a long....time ...ago.
your case is not unusual. it happens at my hub to just about everyone given enough time. the way i learned to deal with it was to talk it out with senior drivers and find out that you are not the only one. and fellow drivers can give you support and strength.

the main part is to recognize your own high self worth. dont let anyone else define you.

its funny that when i retired the center manager tried to talk me out of it and i laughed at him and asked him "really?" after the way you managers treat people?

people in the "real" world know what a good UPS employee is worth. i have gotten so many job offers over the years, it ain't funny.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
your case is not unusual. it happens at my hub to just about everyone given enough time. the way i learned to deal with it was to talk it out with senior drivers and find out that you are not the only one. and fellow drivers can give you support and strength.

the main part is to recognize your own high self worth. dont let anyone else define you.

its funny that when i retired the center manager tried to talk me out of it and i laughed at him and asked him "really?" after the way you managers treat people?

people in the "real" world know what a good UPS employee is worth. i have gotten so many job offers over the years, it ain't funny.
You still dancing ?