hitting a dog

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am fine for those who care. I have a beautiful community of people here and elsewhere who have helped me survive this. Yes I am way too emotional, and I am a female so I am expected to be such. I also have a great bunch of teamster brothers and sisters who held me up, and stuck by my side, and if anything, any morale that was left, is totally stripped when they decided to pick on me. With no proof. with no evidence, with no reason to charge me. Other than they want me gone coz I am older and I am a drag on their numbers. Sorry they dont get to cleanse the pool in such a way.
I dont know if he saw dollar signs, its not my place to judge. I want to send him a card because no matter who did it, he lost his baby. But that would make me look guilty. I dont feel I am. And I am waiting for the evidence to show I did it, I expect none. Apparently I was going 3 to 5 mph, I saw the dog, I recognized the danger, no I did not stop, which is what In hindsight I guess I should have done. Tell a man in a dangerous area he needs to contain his dog so I can drive by.
All I know is, it really hurts, that the man doesnt have his dog and he thinks I did it. To make it worse did my company say they would pay him or replace the dog making me a target in that non english speaking hood. I guess time will tell. Til then thanks for the support.
Don't do anything on emotion and certainly don't contact the other party. You will open yourself up for liability or other terrible things.

What does your BA/steward say about all this?
Not much so far....do what i need to. My steward has my back. Im a big girl..ill be fine. Others time will tell

raceanoncr

Toon, as I indicated on my FB post and will reiterate, as I've done many times on here before, Grieve this vigorously.

AND, any time there is discipline involved, it is the company's BURDEN OF PROOF to prove you are guilty. THEY MUST prove you are at fault.

Of course, we all know you are not. YOu have shown this. If you were here and I was defending you, this would be an EASY one. Good luck. We're with you.;

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It was a dead end road upstate. I passed by..went turned around. I did not stop on my trip by. Waved at customer..be right back...

jr32bad

Guy in my center ran overs puppy the people were more interested in the 2500 for the dog more than the dog I mean who leaves a puppy out side no chain not in a yard I tell you stupid people do

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When i was going by 3 to 5 mph is when he said i hit it. Hes 84, senile, he went to get his dog that was not moving out of the weeds and assumed i hit it coz its dead, been dead.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When i was going by 3 to 5 mph is when he said i hit it. Hes 84, senile, he went to get his dog that was not moving out of the weeds and assumed i hit it coz its dead, been dead.

Senile yet he was able to open the phone book and find our toll free number?

I'm not trying to call you out but the more you post the more holes appear in your story.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He called the police.who called the warden. I called my boss. No holes

"I stopped." "I didn't stop." "I stopped on the way back."

I am really, really trying to be nice but the more I read the more I think your center manager was right. NOT about calling you out in front of your peers during the PCM-----that was completely inexcusable. He may have been right about charging you with the accident.